SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I am reminded of the 9/11 conspiracy people. They cannot be convinced of the truth and that the simplest answer is usually the right one. They go on and on about this detail and that; stringing together conclusions based on speculations and convoluted sequences of logic. Before long they have it solved....except the culprits are innocent and the truth is lost in the mire.

One question they hammer away wt is, 'At what temperature does steel melt?' This is designed to cast doubt on how the towers actually collapsed; that the fire could not have melted the steel. It must then have been explosives placed by George Bush and the evidence is glassblowing out on floors below as the towers fell. But this whole theory is built on one tiny flaw. The steel does not have to melt. It only has to be compromised by the heat...weakened enough to fail under the given load. Cascading failures follow and the air pressure of tons of falling, grinding debris blows glass out in advance.

Ultimately, we see what we want to see. I want to see the Hildabeast strangling Epstein while Bill watches out around the corner. I want them to be found out and frog marched to prison. I want Chris Tucker to stand over them and shout, "YOU GOT KNOCKED THE F#^$ OUT!" But I understand that we need time to learn and prove what happened and trust that not everyone in LE and gov't is corrupt. Give truth a chance.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
"...and other inmates". The guards were cutting corners in doing their jobs, not just with Epstein (which would indicate a conspiracy of some sort), but with other inmates as well. I'd wager that the areas containing these log books have one or more cameras installed, and that's how the investigators discovered the discrepancies.

It's fairly apparent where this is leading. A variant of Hanlon's Razor seems to applicable: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by laziness.

Paging Mr. Icabod from the last page, this is EXACTLY what I was talking about. There was no doubt in my mind.

Back when I was a line staff deputy working nights I did my rounds per policy because I was terrified that the one time I didn’t a body would turn up. I am not the norm, and after a month even a “VIP” is not all that VIP. It’s just routine.

Para, there may or may not be cameras coveringbthe duty station where logs are kept but it wouldn’t matter. There aren’t any in my facilities. However, there certainly are cameras covering the common areas and cell doors. They just compare the times documented on the log to the video footage from the moment. It’s apparent PDQ when checks are supposed to be every 30 minutes or hour and there hasn’t been a staff person on camera for the last 3... but you can get your bippy that the log is within policy.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'll bet someone paid off the guards.

I'm joking. Wink

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any chance that it's a second raid?

One would hope so but looking from a distance at the (perceived) competency of various agencies, I’m not sure.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, but in this case, I don't believe stupidity was a primary factor. The guards know their own routine and they know the rules, so it's not incompetence. Either it was just good old laziness, or possibly much too great of a work load is being put on the staff. Since we keep hearing that there are chronic turnovers of personnel and understaffing in the Federal BOP system, it may be that the guards just couldn't keep up.

My vote is for laziness, hence my modification of Hanlon's Razor.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:

My vote is for laziness, hence my modification of Hanlon's Razor.

Actually doing a round is the most basic, and easiest, part of being a correctional officer. If you let everything else fall away, you should still be standing up and walking around at the mandated interval. This is pure laziness, not an overworked staff.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Civil service rules. Actually firing someone can be a multi-year process.

quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
The fact that the warden was "reassigned" is why the Federal Government is so inept in many areas. Hardly anyone gets fired.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Daily Mail reports that Ghislane Maxwell is staying at a $3 Mil oceanfront mansion outside of Boston

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-outside-Boston.html

Ghislaine Maxwell, long-time consort of Jeffrey Epstein and the alleged procurer of victims in his underage sex trafficking ring, has been laying low in a New England beach town, DailyMail.com has learned exclusively.

Maxwell, 57, is in a relationship with Scott Borgerson, 43, and has been living with him at his secluded oceanfront property at the end of a long private road in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts.

The British socialite has been loath to leave the $3 million mansion, a source told DailyMail.com amid heightened focus on Epstein's alleged co-conspirators following the convicted pedophile's apparent suicide on Saturday.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Daily Mail reports that Ghislane Maxwell is staying at a $3 Mil oceanfront mansion outside of Boston

That was good info... thanks for posting.
The Daily Mail is always good for lots of pictures, too!

But the article also says that Scott Borgerson basically denies that Ghislane Maxwell is there:

quote:
The socialite's New England hideaway is an imposing three-story colonial property with five-bedrooms, wraparound terraces and sweeping grounds which reach to the ocean. The property is owned by tech CEO and maritime academic Dr Scott Borgerson.

Borgerson was seen by DailyMail.com in July running errands in the affluent community of Manchester-by-the-Sea, a half-hour drive from Boston.

Later, he was seen walking Maxwell's dog on Boston Common near his apartment where he lives during the week while running his company, Cargometrics, an investment management firm that specializes in analyzing data on global shipping.

The former Coast Guard officer, is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. He was married and is believed to have two children.

Borgenson did not respond to DailyMail.com's request for comment when first contacted, but following publication he claimed: 'I'm traveling abroad for business. Ghislaine Maxwell is not at my home and I don't know where she is.'

Maxwell has not been seen publicly in around three years since she faded from the New York social scene she once reveled in with Epstein.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
This a a joke, not real.

PHILADELPHIA, PA—Speaking to a packed 30-seat arena, Bill Clinton remarked on Jeffrey Epstein’s recent passing, saying that Epstein’s cause of death “really depends on what your definition of ‘suicide’ is.”

“Did Epstein commit suicide?” asked an attendee at the event.

A wide-eyed Clinton shrugged his shoulders. “I mean, it really depends on what your definition of suicide is, heh.”

An awkward silence ensued. Bill turned to look at Hillary for support, but she just glared at him and ran her finger across her throat, a metaphor that means “death.”

He went on, “Heh, I mean, well, we’ve got to define terms here, alright? If you mean, ‘Did he hang himself without any outside assistance?’ then I’d say that does not fall under the definition of what may or may not have occurred.”

Hillary held up a pair of finger guns to her husband’s head in a threatening fashion, another metaphor that means “death.”

Bill gulped. “But, well, heh, if you mean did he hang himself and then shoot himself three times in the back of the head just to be sure? Then yeah, I’d say he committed suicide.”

“Hillary and I did not have murderous relations with that man!” he insisted as Hillary beckoned him backstage.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
dandy randy , over at the ace hardware says that there are only two scenario's

1: he killed himself for numerous reasons

B. three or more of those mentioned in the 60,000 pages of evidence, pooled their funds and greased the palms of people that had the ability to get him off of death watch. to avoid any possibility of prosecution

thats it , everything else is Ka putt

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...els-NYC-mansion.html

Photo at link

EXCLUSIVE: Did Jeffrey Epstein have painting of Bill Clinton wearing a blue DRESS and red heels and lounging in the Oval Office inside his Manhattan mansion? Visitor reveals bizarre image inside pedophile's $56m lair

Jeffrey Epstein had a painting which appeared to be Bill Clinton wearing a blue dress and red heels hanging inside his Manhattan home
Source who saw it during a business meeting told DailyMailTV

The blue dress seemed to be a pointed reference to Clinton's former intern Monica Lewinsky who wore a blue dress during their tryst in the White House

The painting was snapped inside the pedophile's mansion in 2012, seven years before he was accused of running a sex trafficking ring of underage girls

The source, who asked to remain anonymous, was visiting Epstein to present a business proposal
She told DailyMailTV: 'It was absolutely Bill Clinton. It was shocking... it was a very provocative, sexual picture'

Jeffrey Epstein had a bizarre portrait which appeared to be of Bill Clinton in a dress hanging in his Manhattan mansion, DailyMailTV can reveal.

The picture depicting the former president apparently lounging on a chair in the Oval Office, wearing red heels and posing suggestively in a blue dress redolent of Monica Lewinsky was in a room off the stairway of the Upper East Side townhouse.

The painting was secretly snapped inside the pedophile's lavish $56 million home in October 2012, four years after Epstein completed his sweetheart deal for prostitution of a minor and seven years before he was accused of running a sex trafficking ring of underage girls.

The source, who asked to remain anonymous, was visiting Epstein to present a business proposal - an encounter with the pervert which included spotting a girl who seemed to be 14 waiting to see the financier.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, that's...surprising.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That picture is 5 kinds of creepy.....

On another positive note Ghilane Maxwell won't get away, she's being sued by one of Epstein's victims

https://www.oann.com/epstein-a...l-3-epstein-workers/

Epstein accuser files lawsuit against Ghilane Maxwell, 3 Epstein workers

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 9:49 AM PT — Wednesday, August 14, 2019

One of Jeffrey Epstein’s accusers is now suing the deceased sex offender’s long-time confidante Ghislaine Maxwell. On Wednesday, Jennifer Araoz filed a legal action against Maxwell, Epstein’s estate, and three female house workers who were employed by Epstein.

The lawsuit says Maxwell and the other staffers “conspired with each other to make the rape and sexual abuse of Araoz possible.” Maxwell has come under more scrutiny after Epstein’s death. He’s being painted as the next person who should face justice in the late billionaire’s sex trafficking case.

During an interview with the “Today Show” last month, Araoz said she regretted not coming forward sooner with her allegations.

“He raped me, forcefully raped me, knew exactly what he was doing and I don’t think cared,” she stated. “What hurts even more so is that if I wasn’t afraid to come forward sooner then maybe he wouldn’t have done it to other girls.”

Despite not meeting Maxwell in person, Araoz said in the court filing that she is directly connected to the alleged administrative support system of Epstein’s sex trafficking operation.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
From the sublime to the ridiculous. Who cares if this it true, it's out there now. Big Grin Big Grin

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
From the sublime to the ridiculous. Who cares if this it true, it's out there now. Big Grin Big Grin

Hmmm... it could be a real painting. Big Grin

Its a painting from an artist from 2012.
It was On View: March 22 - April 7, 2013
Brooklyn Art Studios
Yashar Gallery

http://brooklynartstudiosnyc.b...ly-bodnar-and-p.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The British socialite has been loath to leave the $3 million mansion, a source told DailyMail.com.

Well. Yeah.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
A little humor. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post