SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

I would expect there to be cameras...on the tier showing the entrance to cells.

Right, so what's the whole mystery here? Just check the cameras to see if anyone entered his cell at the supposed time of his death. That would settle this whole conspiracy nonsense right now, wouldn't it?

Or is someone going to tell me that there were no cameras for the prison common areas or that they just happened not to be working that day?

While I would expect them, abd they are likely they, maybe they aren’t. One of our facilities has ZERO cameras in the unit. None. It’s an older facility (built in the mid 90’s).

I would expect most places have them everywhere now. Our new facilities (several) all built in the last 5 years or so all have great cameras.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Bro, do you even threadcount?
Percale, sateen, whatever, I got it.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
Concerning the presence of cameras-in an earlier post I refered to the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA). I believe all federal and state run facilities were required to be compliant by 2016, as were local jails who had federal contracts.

One requirement of PREA is that there be no blind spots in camera coverage, not including housing cells. This leads me to expect cameras showing the cell doors, day halls, hallways etc. So if the cameras were working, there should be evidence of whether there was any movement by inmates or staff.

I'm curious about the facilities routine-what time the facility goes off lockdown in the morning, what time count was done, what time chow is served (0630-0700 seems reasonable) and if the cell in question was off a hallway or in a pod type setting. Is there a control room, with a controller opening doors and monitoring cameras, is this a direct supervision facility or just rovers in a linear setup?

All the speculation can be somewhat resolved with a better explanation of how the jail is set up operates dailey (and it's never like the movies show jails).

Posts: 593 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
It was turtles.

Sneaky bastards got in, did the deed, and got out because... I mean... turtles... who would expect turtles?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john1:
One requirement of PREA is that there be no blind spots in camera coverage, not including housing cells. This leads me to expect cameras showing the cell doors, day halls, hallways etc. So if the cameras were working, there should be evidence of whether there was any movement by inmates or staff.
I'm wondering what kind of explanation will be offered up by the conspiracy theorists if the video shows no one entering or leaving Epstein's cell at/around the time of his suicide.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc...h-suicide-by-hanging

Suicide by hanging - the medical examiner determined.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a real surprise. Think about how hard it would be for any outsider, bent on killing the Pervert, to get into, let alone out of, the facility. (Yeah. I know, Tom Cruise coulda done it, but no one else).

So it'd have to be someone normally inside. And how, I've been asking myself, could anyone walk to the cell, gain entry, quietly kill the Perv, make it look like suicide, then leave, locking the cell and walking back to his/her normal duties. And not be seen by another person or by the cameras.

Imagine how many others, just on the floor where Perv was housed, would have to be "in" on it.

Pretty much had to be a suicide.

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Suicide

Totally predictable reactions to this news, a perfect example of which can be found in the comments section of that FoxNews article:
quote:
I still don't believe it. But, whatever.
Predictable as the sunrise. Ignore the evidence. Ignore the findings of the ME. Everybody's in on the conspiracy. When the DOJ issues its report, the conspiracy crowd will refuse to accept the findings. Just watch. Denial deluxe.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I could care less about how he died. What I do care about is my own personal lack of faith (well founded I believe) in the investigative agencies, namely the FBI and the DOJ, to get to the bottom of this and actually bring people to justice.

If I was standing next to an FBI agent in the pouring rain, and he told me it was raining, I would question his statement.

When I was growing up I had faith in three institutions based on what I knew from my family: the Catholic priesthood, the United States Marine Corps, and the FBI. They were the "holy trinity" of the "American Way" where I grew up. Now I only have faith in two of them (and the current Pope ain't making that one easy...).

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, the FBI didn't issue the findings. The NYC ME issued the findings. But, not to worry. At some point in the next few months, the FBI and the DOJ will issue their reports and then you guys will have the chance to try to discredit every last detail of those reports.

When all is said and done and all investigating agencies agree that this was a suicide, then we'll know that everyone is in on the conspiracy, proving that Epstein was murdered.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Oh I believe it will be a sucicide, I'm talking about what comes after Epstein. The pursuit, indictment, and conviction of EVERYONE who was involved with his enterprise.

On THAT, I don't trust the FBI at all.

posted Hide Post
Just like a Hitchcock film, there are now accounts of an attractive woman {possibly an attorney}, visiting him for hours prior to his death. No story is linking her to anything but getting him out of his cell for hours at a time.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
And in other news - the NYC ME has retired and now living in his newly acquired/recently gifted $10M mansion on the South Coast of France. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc...h-suicide-by-hanging

Suicide by hanging - the medical examiner determined.

Well that should be the end of that!-Not.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by john1:
I'm wondering what kind of explanation will be offered up by the conspiracy theorists if the video shows no one entering or leaving Epstein's cell at/around the time of his suicide.

I'm sticking to my turtles theory.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
LOL that's funny Smile