SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Mr Epstein was in Federal Custody in a local jail, correct? How does that work? Do the Feds have any control over how the inmate is handled or are responsible to post federal personnel to the jail when required or needed?

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Without the official coroner's report, using 'inside sources', the media has declared his death a suicide and of course everyone just goes along with what they're told.
But you, Rightwire, you know that it wasn't a suicide, because they say it was a suicide. Remember- the 'opposite' principle, right? Whatever they say, we disagree with, because they're lying conspirators, all of 'em, and that's always the way it is. Hell, it's the only way that it can be.

Perfect

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107557 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Mr Epstein was in Federal Custody in a local jail, correct? How does that work? Do the Feds have any control over how the inmate is handled or are responsible to post federal personnel to the jail when required or needed?
Gee, unanswered questions. Complicated issues. And we have no answers to these question, but, instead of listening to the people who have actually seen Epstein's body, we know better. That's just the way it is. Now, if we had actually seen Epstein's body and the scene in his cell, well, we're suddenly just as ignorant and dishonest as the people who are giving us an answer.

I mean, they're all in on it, right? 'Cause that's what a conspiracy is. Just remember- whatever they say, believe the opposite. There's no way that they could be telling us the truth. Just no way. Damn right.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
As per Attorney General William Barr (who sounded more than a little skeptical) ... Awaiting the FBI investigation results as well as the Inspector General's report ... and the medical examiner. Let's wait and put those 3 reports together.

... and stop the speculation

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Novel idea. Thinking outside the box and all that...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Gee, unanswered questions. Complicated issues. And we have no answers to these questions But, instead of listening to the people who have actually seen Epstein's body, we know better. Thta's just the way it is. Now, if we had actually seen Epstein's body and the scene in his cell, well, we're suddenly just as ignorant and dishonest as the people who are giving us an answer.

Perfect. Thanks

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Gee, unanswered questions. Complicated issues. And we have no answers to these question, but, instead of listening to the people who have actually seen Epstein's body, we know better. That's just the way it is. Now, if we had actually seen Epstein's body and the scene in his cell, well, we're suddenly just as ignorant and dishonest as the people who are giving us an answer.

I mean, they're all in on it, right? 'Cause that's what a conspiracy is. Just remember- whatever they say, believe the opposite. There's no way that they could be telling us the truth. Just no way. Damn right.

What are you talking about? My questions had absolutely nothing to do with Mr Epstein (other than an example of a person in Federal Custody) or his cell or his death for that matter.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm talking about a paradox. I'm talking about some of the members of this forum, who have unanswered questions yet somehow know that Epstein was murdered- just flat-out freakin' know it.

But, they still have questions. That's a paradox.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Epstein was undoubtably the most high value prisoner they had. There is no way a VIP, of any type, isn’t going to get closely watched or get handled with anything but kid gloves.
Put yourself, in charge of the prison. Are you going to not check on his treatment? Will you not put more/best people on duty?

The military has a saying “Incompetence is not a courts martial offense.” This seems to be the alibi that’s being tried. Overworked guards, tired, forced overtime, not following protocol... Bullshit.

Its not an Alibi? And I am sure the investigation will determine the factor or factors that contributed to his being able to commit suicide.

I'm not an expert but I do have 22 years of experience working in one.

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ah, but you see, we know that Epstein should have been being watched every single second, day and night.

We don't know this, but we know it.

Love it

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
... apparently the attorney general of the United States of America would like some answers too. Maybe it's a paradox but We await the findings of the reports.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course he wants answers.

quote:
Maybe it's a paradox but We await the findings of the reports.
You may be waiting for reports, but some of your fellow forum members have already wrapped this up, so...

Check it out:

A pair o' docs Razz

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
A dude facing serious jail time / life in prison kills himself when nobody is around to stop him? No fracking way!

Obviously it's convenient for some well to do people that this happened, but until there is actual evidence (which is different than internet innuendo), I'll just enjoy the show.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
A dude facing serious jail time / life in prison kills himself when nobody is around to stop him? No fracking way!
Yeah, it's a shocker.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Without the official coroner's report, using 'inside sources', the media has declared his death a suicide and of course everyone just goes along with what they're told.
But you, Rightwire, you know that it wasn't a suicide, because they say it was a suicide. Remember- the 'opposite' principle, right? Whatever they say, we disagree with, because they're lying conspirators, all of 'em, and that's always the way it is. Hell, it's the only way that it can be.

Perfect

Para, that wasn't the point I was trying to convey. It was simply that no one knows until all evidence is gathered, analyzed, and a unbiased conclusion is reached. The media, more often than not, puts a conclusion out there as quickly as possible to be first on the story.

I know from personal experience when I was in the Fire Service the media often quoted 'a reliable source ' or directly quoted members of my department and it was 100% false. When the real press release or facts were released, it was a small story on page B10. Not in every case, there were a few good reporters and they typically were allowed closer than most, as they were 100% accurate with what they were given.

Much to the point that you continue to make in this thread. No one knows anything but conspiracy theories are running amok. A lot of people are reporting or 'know' what happened when those actually investigating don't know with 100% certainty yet.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I’ve worked those forced 16 hour shifts, multiples in a row. I’ve ordered people to do it... just a few hours ago even. Very significant fatigue is a real issue in correctional facilities, no doubt.

But fellas, walking to a cell and looking through a window and then writing 10 words is not exactly a labor intensive process and is no excuse for violating policy/procedure.

Especially given who this inmate was and the circumstances surrounding his incarceration.

That all being said, many staff members are lazy. And movements within a correctional facility are largely predictable. As much as fatigue and long hours is a thing, laziness and complacency is even more a thing. While these checks are supposed to be done within certain parameters (twice every 30 minutes in CA jails) it is sadly common for these checks to be significantly behind. And then “caught up” on paper.

Also, twice every 30 minutes is NOT no less than every 15 minutes. More specifically, a log that reads 0701, 0729, 0731, 0759 is wholly acceptable and as you see provides ample time to “get the job done”, no matter what the job is.

I’m not rendering an opinion either way on the suicide/not suicide thing, just saying it is very very to commit suicide on suicide watch, even without any policy/procedure violations.

What I do find head scratching his how did he hang himself? In our facilities it’s frankly not possible in my estimation. The garmet provided is constructed in a way to prevent looping in any fasion PLUS there is absolutely nowhere to hook it. There are no fixtures. No protrusions. Their cells must be different.

People have further hurt themselves in these cells but it is either by using a weapon smuggled in via body cavity or voluntary head bashing.

Pro tip: they really aren’t very padded at all, at least not ours. If they’re padded they can be shredded.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think you've put a fine point on the issue.

There is NO official examination of the corpse, NO official report on the circumstances, yet the media mavens, citing their confidential-super-ninja-squirrel-sources, get a circle jerk of conspiracy, guesswork, innuendo, and speculation going so fast shit begins to fly off.

Some of that shit lands on Media A's dinner plate.
Media A says something based on it that's pure speculation.
Media B misquotes Media A's speculation.
Media C cites Media B.
Media D says Media C's statement confirms Media A's statement.

6.5 million clicks later, everyone knows it was the RUSSIANS!!!! Oh, and ORANGE MAN BAD. And Media A-D all get bonuses because of their click count.

Have we seen this before?

Steele yourselves for the answer and go read the Mueller report.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
News: Epstein was murdered.

SIGforum: Damn, he committed suicide!

Autopsy report states Epstein was a male

SIGforum: Damn, Epstein was the homeliest woman...

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course he wants answers.

quote:
Maybe it's a paradox but We await the findings of the reports.
You may be waiting for reports, but some of your fellow forum members have already wrapped this up, so...

Check it out:

A pair o' docs Razz

hahahaha
I was about to post this:

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Shit, that's even better.