SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Assuming the FBI or the IG find that the corrections officers screwed up somehow, what kind of repercussions are they looking at? Just a diciplinary action of could they be terminated?

I read something earlier where the prosecutor said that since the case involves a conspiracy it will continue.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Here, this should make some of you happy.

It does because orange man bad.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Dammit, I wanted his victims to have their day in court with him and his cohorts.

I want justice and compensation for his victims. I want justice and compensation for his cohorts victims. There is still the likelihood these two things happen if we have enough info on his cohorts. This thing is not over nor is Epstein's demise a surprise......in fact I would have been curious if he did see a trial. There is simply no way to defend himself. I can see how he could become hopeless and in the face of sheer comparative misery, escape the only way possible.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, the New York post is reporting an interview with a former inmate, who spent months in that facility who says suicide there is virtually impossible.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
We all knew this was going to happen. He had too much dirt on too many major players.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Then he is either partially strangled by another inmate in his prison cell, or he fails to hang himself to death.
Have I not made myself clear in this thread??

What inmate? Who? What's their name? Provide us with a link to news items from credible sources, referring to this inmate, please.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...in-injured-jail.html

https://www.lohud.com/story/ne...injuries/1824385001/

https://en-volve.com/2019/07/2...lp-in-his-jail-cell/

https://www.chicksonright.com/...sly-injured-in-jail/

I have more if you want.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I have more if you want.
Uh huh. Keep it up.

A famous guy was attacked in jail. That's new. And in July. This is not July. Once again, I want the speculation to cease.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
July 25 was when Epstein was found in his cell. He either tried to hang himself and failed, or he was strangled by Tartaglione. This was widely reported by credible sources. I cited four, above, but the story of former officer Tartaglione, Epstein's cellmate, was reported in every major news outlet.

That was all I said in my post.

I have no idea why you are so angry.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good grief!

I'm one post from locking ths Goddamned thread, and once it's locked, there will be no more discussion of this subject for the forseeable future.

Se habla Goddamned English????

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Conspiracy theories?

They're kinda like this:
https://twitter.com/Newmie800/.../1160296496543227912

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I just find it unfortunate for his victims that they were denied their day in court with him. That we were denied any testimony and footage of the testimony he might have given. But I will say I’m not surprised he didn’t make it that far. I didn’t expect him to. Guys with that much of a stain on their soul don’t seem to last long behind bars.

At least he can’t hurt anyone now.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Assuming the FBI or the IG find that the corrections officers screwed up somehow, what kind of repercussions are they looking at? Just a diciplinary action of could they be terminated?

I read something earlier where the prosecutor said that since the case involves a conspiracy it will continue.

Termination alone would be a good outcome. I am sure that the feds will throw the book at a CO if it was negligence. But since numerous stories have said that he wasn't on suicide watch at the time. It is pretty easy to complete the act if you have the will Frown

Posts: 7796 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Report This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
I read that he was on suicide watch and that he was taken off. Is this normal?

JP

Posts: 2047 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]I read that he was on suicide watch and that he was taken off. Is this normal?

These decisions have to do with BOP protocol. We will have to wait for the investigation. Simple as that.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I just find it unfortunate for his victims that they were denied their day in court with him. That we were denied any testimony and footage of the testimony he might have given. But I will say I’m not surprised he didn’t make it that far. I didn’t expect him to. Guys with that much of a stain on their soul don’t seem to last long behind bars.

At least he can’t hurt anyone now.

Granted "HE" won't be charged for what "HE" did, but I'm guessing the evidence will show that there were many others that abused victims in connection with Epstein and they do need to be brought to stand trial for their role. I don't care who it is and how powerful or influential.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
SDNY says it’s committed to Epstein’s victims and investigation continuing despite his death:

quote:
The prosecutors who brought charges of child sex trafficking and conspiracy against jet-setting financier Jeffrey Epstein say they are “committed” to Epstein’s accusers and that their investigation into the alleged crimes of Epstein and his associates is “ongoing” despite his apparent suicide.

The Bureau of Prisons said Epstein was found “unresponsive in his cell” in the Special Housing Unit this morning following “an apparent suicide.” Epstein was pronounced dead at the hospital, and NYC’s Office of Chief Medical Examiner says the cause of death is being investigated. The FBI and the Justice Department’s inspector general have both launched investigations into the circumstances surrounding Epstein’s death.

In the wake of Epstein’s death early Saturday morning, Manhattan U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman of the Southern District of New York said in the afternoon that “today’s events are disturbing” and that “we are deeply aware of their potential to present yet another hurdle to giving Epstein’s many victims their day in court."

Senior Political Correspondent David Drucker on the expanded Washington Examiner magazine
“To those brave young women who have already come forward and to the many others who have yet to do so, let me reiterate that we remain committed to standing for you,” Berman said in a brief statement. “And our investigation of the conduct charged in the indictment — which included a conspiracy count — remains ongoing.”

Prosecutors believe that Epstein had help committing his crimes, and there are believed to be many other alleged Epstein victims out there — and the indictment references co-conspirators.

Link

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
This gives me hope that there are facts (possibly via confession upon interrogation) that implicate some high level co-conspirators in his sex-with-children lifestyle. Nothing would please me more that have Bill Clinton on the hot plate with multiple women coming forward as victims of that particular predator for a day of reckoning.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I suspect there will be many civil suits. There’s a lot of money to fight over.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
So if Epstein was taken off of suicide watch, does this also mean there would not be a video recording of his cell when he committed suicide?

Does anyone have inside knowledge as to how widespread video cameras are used in prisons.

Guess I just assumed there would be cameras everywhere, but not hearing mention of it, starting to think my assumption may have been wrong.

Would there be a video camera in Joaquin “El Chapo’’ Guzman‘s cell now, as he is a high profile prisoner being in a similar position as Epstein was.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Being the pedophile that he obviously was, I wonder if he took videos of his cronies and friends “in the act”.
Wonder if the feds are looking for the videos, Incase they exist.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Report This Post