SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Letters from Santa Claus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Letters from Santa Claus Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted
Sorry for the late post but if you would be so inclined you can get a personalized letter your young children or grandchildren that comes on special stationary in Santa Claus/North Pole markings. Post marked North Pole... Yes there is a actual Santa Claus House/ North Pole ,Alaska several miles east of Fairbanks, Alaska. First physical contact was in the winter 1973/? Uncle Sam as my travel agent at the time. 35ft tall Santa standing outside the 2 story building painted in candy cane stripes. Caught me by suprise but visited inside several times. Just a suggestion. Best of the holidays to you and your families. But most of all please remember the true meaning of the season. .............. drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Yep, been there twice.
DSC_0060 by David Casteel, on Flickr
DSC_0048 by David Casteel, on Flickr
More photos near those.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
My wife worked there in the early 90's, and it caused a Credit card operator to hang up on me as she thought I was lying on a credit card application in 1992. Couldn't believe I lived in the North Pole, then that my wife worked at the Santa Clause house...
Back when you had to call to apply as the internet was not what it is today.

My sister in law works there to this day.

It has grown substantially over the years.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Yep, been there twice.
DSC_0060 by David Casteel, on Flickr
DSC_0048 by David Casteel, on Flickr
More photos near those.

flashguy
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Flashguy and Dreamerx4 thank the both of you for your reply to my post. Especially the 2 photos. Brought back memories. All of our photos and etc were lost/destroyed in Aug 2016 due to a major flood event after 33inches of rain in less than 2 1/2 days dumping 41inches of flood water in our house. I am sure there have been many changes in the past 45 plus years. Again thanks for the memories. .......................... drill sgt

nd

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if my orginal posting inspired anyone to make contact for a letter from Sant Claus on North Pole stationary as well as a North Pole postmark. Noticed several views but only a couple of replies. Merry Christmas to all on to all a good night. .............................................. drill sgt.

In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Somewhat related but I made this letters to Santa mailbox a couple years ago. It's a repurposed USPS style mailbox that was used by a water company for sample drop offs. It now sits outside my firehouse and we are collecting letters for the town. I have red envelopes and stationary so we can send return letters to those that provide a return address

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post