New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mission BBQ Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Huh... I was over by the airport last week and saw a couple of army trucks painted with Mission BBQ on them. I guess I will have to come up with an excuse to go to Bass Pro and stop by Mission (same parking lot)

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I like the place. Unfortunately the closest one for me is over in Jersey.

I really like their ribs.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are the real deal. Supportive of vets, the military, and first responders. Their headquarters and I believe the first store is in Glen Burnie, MD just North of Annapolis. My family has been patronizing that location 10 miles away since they opened in 2011. Good folks, good to the community, and good BBQ.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Visiting some friends this weekend and there's one close by in Fairfax, VA... will definitely check it out this weekend. Thanks!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Sweet tea? Ick!
Clearly, you're not a southerner (bless your heart) even though you're in the Miami area.

When I went to work on contract at BellSouth in the Birmingham area, they gave me a briefing on things that a Yankee needs to know when arriving in The South.

Among other things, they told me that there were three things that I would never hear anybody from Alabama say:
  1. "This tea is too sweet."
  2. "There's too much primer on that pickup truck," and
  3. "Nope, you can't fix that with duct tape."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
There are several near me. Every day at noon, they play the National Anthem and everybody stands.

Damn....I would go to one just to see that. Frown Awesome...looks like they have one near me:

https://www.google.com/maps/pl...880908!4d-77.3994336

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Drive by the KOP one all the time when we grocery shop, but haven't stopped in yet.

Maybe I'll change that this weekend!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, got one 2 miles from my house. We frequent the place...great food, great premise.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Sorry LR, I never adjusted to the sweetness. I ordered an iced tea from a drive thru in Macon years ago. Growing up in central New York, I never heard of sweetened tea(except for the powdered stuff). I was several miles down the road when I took a big gulp. Ick. Pulled over to spit it out.

I still cannot drink it.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Sweet tea? Ick!
Clearly, you're not a southerner (bless your heart) even though you're in the Miami area.

When I went to work on contract at BellSouth in the Birmingham area, they gave me a briefing on things that a Yankee needs to know when arriving in The South.

Among other things, they told me that there were three things that I would never hear anybody from Alabama say:
  1. "This tea is too sweet."
  2. "There's too much primer on that pickup truck," and
  3. "Nope, you can't fix that with duct tape."

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None near me - guess I will have to eat at one in PA when I go in a couple weeks for work - and even better if its as good as you say then I will hit one in NC shortly thereafter Smile

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one in Richmond is Eh BBQ wise. Their blackplate specials that they rotate are usually pretty dang good though. The sides are good and I like the atmosphere.

Shane's Rib Shack is a much better chain BBQ place and we have a local chain here called Q BBQ (the owner is a heavily decorated BBQ champ named Tuffy Stone) that is also really good.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There is one going up in Murfreesboro, TN now

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

You know about the one on the Boulevard, right?

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There are none near me right now, but there is one scheduled to open soon in Oviedo FL, which I believe is HRK's stomping ground, although he sings the praises of 4 Rivers Smoke House.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are building one in the Murfreesboro area, can't wait to try it out based on all the comments so far.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always wondered if that 'new place' that I have driven by dozens of times is any good.

Now I know, and I am looking forward to my first visit in the very near future!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cookster,

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Tried the one in Roanoke, VA early this year. Loved it. I was there for the national anthem. It was refreshing.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

You know about the one on the Boulevard, right?

I do now! Thanks! Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW. just had a great meal at Mission BBQ!

I had to ask, as I only go once a year, "What is the black plate special?"

Out comes a 3/4" thick slice of Prime rib that was over half of the plate size.
In the au jus, I'd swear there is a hint of bacon flavor.

I added their green beans that had barely cooked white onions. The juice tasted a bit spicy and smokey.

Easily the most expensive fast food meal, but wow, so fast & good.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
There are a few in my area now and I'm a semi-regular now. Great food, great price and great atmosphere! I still need to drop by with my military photo to add to their wall.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post