SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eagles win! What a game!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eagles win! What a game! Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I didn't plan on watching at all and happened to turn it on in the 1st quarter. It was one of the best super bowls I've seen. The cherry on top was the Pats losing.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

Or we can talk about how they are actually 10th in terms of numbers of arrests at their games, so they aren't the worst Wink They also haven't had anyone killed outside their stadium like the Cowboys or stabbed like in California.

https://www.thesportster.com/f...he-most-fan-arrests/

Eagles fans have a bad reputation earned by a few idiots like the guy who punched a horse. Again, out of 60k people one guy does something stupid and they all get blamed.

Don't be cranky because your football team is run by an idiot and you all won't have a legitimate shot for years to come Wink

Your head is so far into the sand, the lack of oxygen has gotten to your head. There was MAYHEM in Philly last night. Mayhem.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:

Or we can talk about how they are actually 10th in terms of numbers of arrests at their games, so they aren't the worst Wink They also haven't had anyone killed outside their stadium like the Cowboys or stabbed like in California.

Eagles fans have a bad reputation earned by a few idiots like the guy who punched a horse. Again, out of 60k people one guy does something stupid and they all get blamed.

Don't be cranky because your football team is run by an idiot and you all won't have a legitimate shot for years to come Wink

Your head is so far into the sand, the lack of oxygen has gotten to your head. There was MAYHEM in Philly last night. Mayhem.

Lol OK, Florida.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol OK, Florida.

Checkmate Big Grin

#########

Just to correct you it wasn't one Philly fan that punched a horse, it was two different ones in consecutive weeks.

Yes my team is ran by idiots, but you have to admit your fans are nuts.

Congrats on the win I am 100% sure you are the polar opposite of the typical Philly fan.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I didn't see the game, but I've watched the Foles "Philly Special" play a few times today.
That was awesome!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Ramius, thank you for posting that video. That was awesome!

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
I didn't see the game, but I've watched the Foles "Philly Special" play a few times today.
That was awesome!

I'm not even a sports person, but that was SUCH a brilliant, bad-ass move! I only got to watch about half the game due to having a 3 year old and 8 month old that needed to get put to bed, but the last 10 minutes of that game I was holding onto my wife and heart was going about 1,000 bpm.

As far as all you guys coming into this thread to piss on us Philly/Eagles people's parade, STAY OUT. No one asked for your opinion.
Mad

FACT: NO team that had players kneeling in protest of the flag and anthem made it to the playoffs.

This was the ONLY kneeling any Eagle player did, and it was in prayer before practice and games. Many of them publicly thanked God for this win after it was all over. HMMMMMMMM

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I used to live there. There's always mayhem in Philth-a-delphia.

I caught the game on radio. For those who missed the game on TV.....google NFL scores for 30 minutes of "highlights".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

I caught the game on radio. For those who missed the game on TV.....google NFL scores for 30 minutes of "highlights".

OK, so you are generalizing and weren't actually watching the local stations last night. Thanks for checking in with stereotypes.

Did a few young kids do stupid stuff in a WaWa? Absolutely. Did some people climb poles? Absolutely. Do I condone bad behavior? Of course not, but in general not many things happened. What do some of you think happens in other cities when they win a championship? Do you all think Barney and the Wiggles walk down the street? Last night was the equivalent of the Red Sox winning the title in 2004. I'm sure there was nothing but reverence through Boston that night Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

OK, so you are generalizing and weren't actually watching the local stations last night. Thanks for checking in with stereotypes.

Did a few young kids do stupid stuff in a WaWa? Absolutely. Did some people climb poles? Absolutely. Do I condone bad behavior? Of course not, but in general not many things happened. What do some of you think happens in other cities when they win a championship? Do you all think Barney and the Wiggles walk down the street? Last night was the equivalent of the Red Sox winning the title in 2004. I'm sure there was nothing but reverence through Boston that night Wink

You live in Philly?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

You live in Philly?

I did until a few years ago.

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
And now the "fans" are burning the city down, looting stores, and causing mayhem. Nothing says , "Hoorah, we won" like a good riot.

https://twitter.com/_/status/960392723197915136

I went to sleep at 3 AM Philly time and nothing had happened with hundreds of thousands of people in the street. A few idiots did something stupid and people are happy to get the chance to degrade Eagles fans. Those are drunk milllenials.

Never a water-cannon around when you need one.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
And now the "fans" are burning the city down, looting stores, and causing mayhem. Nothing says , "Hoorah, we won" like a good riot.

https://twitter.com/_/status/960392723197915136

I went to sleep at 3 AM Philly time and nothing had happened with hundreds of thousands of people in the street. A few idiots did something stupid and people are happy to get the chance to degrade Eagles fans. Those are drunk milllenials.
Actually, that's just 'urban filth'. Its no different in any large urban environment. Lots of alcohol coupled with zero morals, ethics, and self control, results in a large bill for the people who will actually be at work tomorrow while this garbage sleeps it off at home or in jail.

This is not celebrating. This is overt stupidity on display for all to see.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Long time die hard Patriots Fan here....got to say the Eagles out played the Pats. The Pats defense has never given up than many points.
Congrats to the Eagles, as much as it kills me to say this, they deserved the win.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How come nobody’s talking about the riot in Boston because the Pats lost???????????????????????????

Maybe because they just like blaming Philadelphia fans

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KML:
How come nobody’s talking about the riot in Boston because the Pats lost???????????????????????????

Maybe because they just like blaming Philadelphia fans

You mean the protest at UMass Amhurst where:

"The gathering was so large, officers used pepper spray to disperse the crowd and State Police troopers in riot gear were called in to help, officials said."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/me...OpCv4PgKO/story.html

Uh huh. The police didn't need to use tear gas in Philly.

Anyway, thank you to the Patriots fans above who had the class to wish the Eagles well. We've been waiting a long time.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great win for the Eagles - this coming from a Pats fan.

I did laugh when Blount scored a TD given the fact that New England told him he would have to take a pay cut if wanted to stick around in 2017.

Should be interesting to see what happens to Foles now.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I guess Cris Collingsworth's money was on the Patriots - seeing as how he would not STFU and disagreed with the officials and NFL HQ in New York about 2 of the Eagles TDs. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Whether you like the Eagles or not, Foles is a class act:
"Being on the podium with my wife, Tori, my daughter, Lilly, that's what life's about right there," Foles said. "We're Super Bowl champs, but time does stop when you look in your daughter's eyes and you get to celebrate this moment. I got to look in my wife's eyes. I get to celebrate this with her. They've been there. My wife's been there through everything. My family has been there through everything. To be in this moment, to celebrate this moment with them, that's what it's about, and I'm just grateful."

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post