SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eagles win! What a game!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eagles win! What a game! Login/Join 
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I’m obviously a Cowboy’s fan so I detest the Eagles and can’t stand Tom Brady and the Patriots. I begrudgingly went for the Patriots since the Eagles are in the NFC East. That was without a doubt the most exciting Super Bowl and game period I’ve ever watched.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
And now the "fans" are burning the city down, looting stores, and causing mayhem. Nothing says , "Hoorah, we won" like a good riot.

https://twitter.com/_/status/960392723197915136

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Wasn't going to watch, but the MUCH better half had friends come over and she asked me to be there. Mostly sat and surfed on the phone initially, but it got interesting so I watched most of it. Must say, it was a good game. Neither team dominated. It really came down to only two or three plays that, had they gone the other way would have changed the results.

And all those Philly fans after the game chanting for Foales, I wonder if they were in that group that booed his at the NFL draft when they originally drafted him.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
And now the "fans" are burning the city down, looting stores, and causing mayhem. Nothing says , "Hoorah, we won" like a good riot.

Look on the bright side, they're happy! As opposed to the looting they'd have done if they lost.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Who here thought we would be able to say Tom Brady had one of the best ever Super Bowl performances in the history of the Super Bowl and lost? Or that he would have won the game if he doesn't drop the pass.

Wasn't going to watch, decided to watch ten minutes before kickoff, glad I did. One of the best I've ever seen.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Don't the fans burn the city almost every year? NFL, MLB, NBA?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:

Philthy......keeping it classy!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Who here thought we would be able to say Tom Brady had one of the best ever Super Bowl performances in the history of the Super Bowl and lost?

No kidding !! My thoughts exactly.

500 passing yds. 3 TDs. O INts.

But still loses.
------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Who here thought we would be able to say Tom Brady had one of the best ever Super Bowl performances in the history of the Super Bowl and lost?

No kidding !! My thoughts exactly.

500 passing yds. 3 TDs. O INts.

But still loses.
------------------------------------------

I was mostly bullshitting with friends and family except for the last ten minutes of the game. I had no idea Brady was putting up numbers like that. Wow!

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Bill Belichick outcoached himself, how do you bench Malcom Butler? Guy started at corner all season, played the entire AFC Championship game and he rides the pine in the SB.

Malcolm Butler in the Patriots’ first 18 games: 1,178 of 1,201 defensive snaps (98.1%), 1 special teams snap (Titans game).

Butler in SB52: 0 defensive snaps, 1 special teams snap.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I'm a little surprised that you guys watched it. To each his own, but I just couldn't make myself watch.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
I did not watch. Don't care what the NFL does.

+1.

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
I did not watch. Don't care what the NFL does.

+1.

Obviously you guys do care, otherwise you wouldn't have both opened the thread and replied to it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like sports and watch games occasionally, but don't follow teams throughout the year. I barely knew who was in it, and didn't know much about the teams and their little stories. I usually tune in to the beginning of the Super Bowl and watch or don't watch the whole thing depending upon how good a game it is. I watched every minute of this one and enjoyed it a lot. It was a great game and certainly one of the very best Super Bowls. Glad I gave it a try.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
^ This. The wife even commented on how she figured she'd be watching "her show" by now.

After watching the way the Eagles man handled the Vikings I figured for a good game. Not disappointed at all. This game will be talked about for decades.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

I went to sleep at 3 AM Philly time and nothing had happened with hundreds of thousands of people in the street. A few idiots did something stupid and people are happy to get the chance to degrade Eagles fans. Those are drunk milllenials.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

I went to sleep at 3 AM Philly time and nothing had happened with hundreds of thousands of people in the street. A few idiots did something stupid and people are happy to get the chance to degrade Eagles fans. Those are drunk milllenials.

We could talk about how in two consecutive weeks eagles fans punched police horses in the face. Who the fu*k punches a horse? Was the horse talking shit about the fan's momma?

We could also talk about booing Santa Claus and throwing snowballs at him or throwing batteries on the field. Maybe we could talk about how there is a need to have a police station in the basement since the Philly fans get arrested so much.

Eagles fans are the worst.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Really good game, won some $... Im happy

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
It was a great game. I think poorly of the NFL management because they wouldn't take a stand on the kneeling, but I do understand that they are trying to manage the situation. Regardless, I don't watch much NFL, but the Superbowl is an event that transcends just football. It's a cultural event.

I understand that some people are so pissed that they refuse to watch it. But those people, if they were being consistent with their principles, would likely watch no TV, no movies, drink no coffee outside their house, and have almost no involvement with most of American business and industry. They have ALL made policy compromises that you would find politically distasteful or unacceptable.

Regardless, I didn't see any players kneeling for the National Anthem. I DID see a bunch of Medal of Honor winners being honored, and one MOH winner from WWII do the coin toss. AND it was one of the best games ever.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

We could talk about how in two consecutive weeks eagles fans punched police horses in the face. Who the fu*k punches a horse? Was the horse talking shit about the fan's momma?

We could also talk about booing Santa Claus and throwing snowballs at him or throwing batteries on the field. Maybe we could talk about how there is a need to have a police station in the basement since the Philly fans get arrested so much.

Eagles fans are the worst.

Or we can talk about how they are actually 10th in terms of numbers of arrests at their games, so they aren't the worst Wink They also haven't had anyone killed outside their stadium like the Cowboys or stabbed like in California.

https://www.thesportster.com/f...he-most-fan-arrests/

Eagles fans have a bad reputation earned by a few idiots like the guy who punched a horse. Again, out of 60k people one guy does something stupid and they all get blamed.

Don't be cranky because your football team is run by an idiot and you all won't have a legitimate shot for years to come Wink

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post