SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pope says poverty caused by selfishness, pride, greed and injustice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pope says poverty caused by selfishness, pride, greed and injustice Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Didn't we just have a pope hate thread?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Does anyone even pay much attention to what a Pope says anymore?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not even sure who she is? Wink

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Maybe it should be stickied as the "COMMIE POPE SHIT GOES HERE" thread?

Bahahhahahahhaha

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

I'm not even sure who she is? Wink

He/She is just another human being - 1 opinion in a sea of billions.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pope forgot ignorance and indolence.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I wonder, how much poverty is due to poor choices, pride, laziness, lack of discipline, by those impoverished?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
The ONLY thing I agree on with this Pope is that dogs have souls.....

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Maybe it should be stickied as the "COMMIE POPE SHIT GOES HERE" thread?

Bahahhahahahhaha

Works for me. You’d probably have to ask Para though.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I wonder, how much poverty is due to poor choices, pride, laziness, lack of discipline, by those impoverished?

You don't become poor overnight, you gotta work at it, rare but not unusual is the kid born into poverty who's able to rise above what their parents brought them into. Too many stories of families pulling the aspirational down.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pope says poverty caused by selfishness, pride, greed and injustice

Hey, Frank, why don't you see how much Rick at Pawn Stars will give for the Michelangelo paintings and other treasures and give that away? See how long it will last with most of "the 'p-o-o-o-o-r.'"

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pope says poverty caused by selfishness, pride, greed and injustice

And about 87 other reasons ..... Roll Eyes

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
We may have, but when he's nothing more then a progressive liberal social activist with a big hat,

First of all I take exception to "progressive" and "liberal" in describing the Pope's beliefs. There's nothing either progressive or liberal about his proposals. They've been tried before and failed every single time. Their employment restricts individual choice and freedom.

quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
we should be able to entertain multiple threads discussing his "virtues"...

I see you haven't been here long so I'll save you the trouble of finding out the hard way: The site's owner tends to frown on repeated threads covering the same or closely-related topics.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This from a guy with his own City-State and guard/military who's seen adorned in gold, jewels and fine clothing?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Yeah, drug addiction and laziness got nothin to do with it. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Let's ask Pope "What causes wealth?"

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and his expertise or first hand knowledge on this would be derived from what source?

much like his knowledge on marriage?

he needs to give it up

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next thing to come is Pope You Tube videos on how to solve life's problems. Pope John 23rd did quite a lot for humanity and the Church during his time in the papacy. This guy is something else.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you. Enough with the pope threads. He’s a South American Marxist. We can all agree on that. Fuck him - forever.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post