SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KARMA: If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you fave family who served in Viet Nam, this P228 (or P220) could be yours. **WINNERS**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA: If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you fave family who served in Viet Nam, this P228 (or P220) could be yours. **WINNERS** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'd be honored to be included. My father died serving as a pilot in Vietnam.

Posts: 2360 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. I served in the USAF in Bien Hoa, Vietnam 1969-1970.

Thank you for your amazing generosity and your empathy towards the Vietnam veterans!

P.S.
You can always ask for a copy of an entrants DD-214 to verify service.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My older brother served from '70 to '76.

He was in crypto. He intercepted communications and could tell if the sender wes enlisted, an officer, Chinese or Russian intel.

He just never speaks of the war. I remember when he was drafted and when he came home.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34106 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
Wow.

I'd love a chance.
My brother served as a captain in combat. The stories he told me....surreal. If I am blessed enough to win this, it will be gifted to him. He would love this.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As always Q, you're an outstanding member here. Toss my name in too please, my grandfather did 3 tours in Vietnam. Appreciate the chance.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In please, served 2 tours, US Navy, flight deck trouble shooter, A4 aircraft.

Thanks.

Posts: 785 | Location: Eastern Ma. | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Not in since I'm only an "era" vet served 1965-1968. I just wanted to thank the poster for such a generous, thoughtful KARMA.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
What a generous offer and please count me in.

My dad served in Viet Nam. He was a chief warrant at the end of his career and was with the Air Wing in Da Nang. He came home in late 1966 and retired about three month later.

I was in I Corps with the Marines Feb. 1968 to April 1969, I was in an anti-tank platoon (ONTOS) attached to 2/7 and later to 3/26.
Tet was my welcome aboard and the 390 day tour the Marines did was my thank you.

My dad reminded me a number of times over the many years after we were both out and home that everything was OK 'over there' when he left and he would wonder what I did to fuck it up. I never actually had a good answer.

Thanks again for this very generous offer.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
please include me, my uncle left a little of his foot there, land mine.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also not in your very generous offer. I just wanted to brag on my father briefly. He was Petty Officer on submarines. He told me a story of them going up the Danang river a ways and the crew thought that Captain was nuts.

Thanks to all that served, and Welcome Home!

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This is an amazing Karma. I'm not throwing my name in however. I was in the army 67-69 and my brother was a Marine stationed at Khe Sanh during the siege in 68. I also lost a very close high school friend during the Tet offensive that same year. I was stationed at both Ft Ord and Ft Lewis and never went over to Nam. If my brother was into guns and didn't live in Canada I'd consider gifting the 228 to him if I won. That time period had a huge effect on how I turned out today.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father served 2 tours in the late 60's, eight months each time. He retired after 22 years in the Navy.
I delayed enlisted in the Viet Nam era but didn't make it to boot camp until 3 days after the Viet Nam "era" officially ended. I retired from the AF after 28 years.
I'm proud of our 50 years defending this country. I miss him greatly.
Count me in and thanks for the great support you provide to the SIGForum and the members.

Posts: 425 | Location: Newport News, VA | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
My uncle served flying Hueys, and survived being shot down a few times. Not sure if he still has the flight helmet with the groove from the AA round through the top of it, but I've seen the picture.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I would like to be entered on behalf of my father who was in USAF from late 1967 - early 1969. He worked on the flight line as a mechanic on KC-130. He lives in Northern Virginia. If he wins, we can provide a copy of his DD 214. The pistol will be sent directly to him if I am selected.

Most generous!

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for such a generous offer. I would like to be included, as I was there two different times.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Holy smoke 12131. That is a huge Karma, and what a tribute to Viet Nam vets. Don't include me. Just wanted to say how nice it is, that you are doing this. For the VNW vets reading this...Thank You.

My family served in WW2 and Korea and we thank you for your Viet Nam service.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I would like to enter for my father in law. He served 3 combat tours in Vietnam as a helicopter pilot starting as a warrant officer and finishing as a captain. He rarely talks of it and I never asks, but when he does talk, I listen.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
My dad served '67-'68 196th LIB, US Army.

Medevac'd off the battlefield after an ambush firefight with grenade shrapnel. Bronze Star (V), purple heart, etc.

Very proud of him and his service to the South Vietnamese people.

I would like to enter for him if possible. He is still with us but cancer has taken its toll on him.

Very Generous of you 12131 as always.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Very generous my friend. Put me in on behalf of my middle brother who served in Vietnam from '65-'66 in the US Army 1st Infantry Division . Thanks for this Karma. Very cool thing to do.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2753 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be an honor. My father served in the Air Force from 1955-1975. We lived at Clark AFB in the Phillipines from 71-73 and he was sent over for his job. I have a few memories from the time but he doesn't talk about it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Augen,

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post