SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KARMA: If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you fave family who served in Viet Nam, this P228 (or P220) could be yours. **WINNERS**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA: If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you fave family who served in Viet Nam, this P228 (or P220) could be yours. **WINNERS** Login/Join 
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the list. I served in Viet Nam from Dec 68 to Dec. 69

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
Just another little voice chiming in to express my "Thanks" for your generosity. "NO!" - I didn't serve there, and "NO!" I don't wish to be entered in your drawing... but I DO think it is noble & generous of you to remember that generation that has always been so conveniently forgotten by so many in this country. THANK YOU FOR THAT !!

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
I'd love to enter for my dad. He served in the USMC and was in vietnam, 68-69, I believe. He would be stoked.

Thanks for the chance and all of the great karmas you hold. You give a ton.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please enter me into this fantastic karma.....Dad would be stoked

Posts: 363 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Great karma 12131, I never got to meet my 2nd cousin who died in Viet Nam, my dad speaks really high of him still to this day. My uncle was a Green Beret in Viet Nam, I would pester him as a kid to tell me stories.

Don't add me, I just wanted to tell my story and thank you for this cool karma.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On a Wing
and a Prayer
Picture of Pilken
posted Hide Post
My father served in Viet Nam. He just published this book about one of the battles there.

https://www.amazon.com/No-Plac...ll-Sly/dp/1532003048

-------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2624 | Location: FINALLY just outside of Chicagoland | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Do uncles and close friends count?

My uncle served 3 tours, 3 Purple Hearts, retired as an 06, and buried at Quantico.

I have a close friend who is almost like my son's grandpa. Not sure of the dates he served, but for my son's 14th birthday, he gave my son the Ka-Bar he carried in Viet Nam.

Both were USMC. If this doesn't meet the criteria, take me out. But if I win, I will pass it to my buddy.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pilken:
My father served in Viet Nam. He just published this book about one of the battles there.

I just bought your dad's book. tell him thanks for taking the trouble to tell his story.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On a Wing
and a Prayer
Picture of Pilken
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by Pilken:

I just bought your dad's book. tell him thanks for taking the trouble to tell his story.

Thanks, Dad spent MANY years trying to muster up the strength to tell that story. He (and the men he served with) went through some shit - to say the least.

I started a new thread so to not hijack this one https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1960029224

-------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2624 | Location: FINALLY just outside of Chicagoland | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
Showed my dad. He'd like a shot if possible. Hospital Corpsman 3rd Marines at Dong Ha 68-69.

Posts: 1536 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
Once again, a very generous Karma.
My dad served there.
All he says, is that he was in supply...although, I'm guessing that there was much more to it than that.
Thanks, Ed

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Another awesome karma Q!
I'm a Vietnam Era vet...'73-80
And my older brother did 2 tours!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law was on a destroyer off the coast. One of their jobs was to pick up pilots that had to punch out over the water. He said they picked up the same F-4 driver 3 times. Count me in.
SSG Ret.
TN & TX ARNG
66-06

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Wow, very nice. I wasn't born yet, but my Dad served in Vietnam in 1965. When I was a teenager in high school I was proud and loved wearing his field jacket to school.

Thanks, Chris

Posts: 1693 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me. I served in Vietnam from Oct 65 to Nov 66. Det B33 5th Special Forces.

Posts: 183 | Location: Clifton, TX, USA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Dad, a Marine CWO2, served a tour in 65 and 66. Afterwards was in and out of country every 30 days for a spell. I was 6. Worked for and with a group of Navy A 4 pilots and separately a couple of Army helo pilots. All served in Vietnam and I couldn't tell who was craziest but they were all great men.

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Please add me for my dad's service: Cam Ranh Bay - (ch)Air Force.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Updated. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello,

An amazing offer - thank you for your kindness!

My dad was in Vietnam - he has talked about his experiences there with me twice in my 47 years alive. It must have really left an impression on him; his response to it damn sure left an impression on me.

In my daily life, I do what I can to support Vets - it's my way of thanking them. Thanks dad.

Thank you again,

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. My father served in Vietnam while in the Navy

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post