SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KARMA: If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you fave family who served in Viet Nam, this P228 (or P220) could be yours. **WINNERS**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA: If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you fave family who served in Viet Nam, this P228 (or P220) could be yours. **WINNERS** Login/Join 
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
Add me please.
Father US Navy,USS Enterprise, and his brother USAF Pilot.
Mothers side three uncles US Marines.
Wife's family, Uncle 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment Blackhorse... Panel 22W Row 3, 6/9/1969 Small Arms Fire, Binh Long.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Please put me in for the karma.

My father was an Air Policeman at Ton Son Nhut airbase in the early part of the war.

He met my mother is Saigon and they were married at my Uncle's church in Saigon in 1966. My uncle was a priest at the Notre Dame Cathedral in Saigon.

I remember how upset both my parents were when Saigon fell.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bullshooter
posted Hide Post
I feel guilty just submitting my name. I never even take advantage of military discounts. I served two tours from 67-68 and 68-69. Thanks for the opportunity.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 644 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BradleyS
posted Hide Post
Please add me.In the event of a win, the pistol would go to my Brother Sgt Major Showalter, who served a tour in Vietnam.
Thank You

Isaiah 6:8

Posts: 618 | Location: Salisbury | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
My father served as a corpsman in the early years of the war (he also served in Korea) and my uncle was a Marine MP.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
My father is a vet of the early years of the war. Was an M60 gunner. Thankfully he was able to serve and come back to father my brothers and me.

I am in on his behalf.

Thank you for the opportunity, your generosity is astounding.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
My father was in the Navy and served in Viet Nam. If chosen, I will give it to him and possibly finally learn what he did there. All he has ever uttered was that he repaired boats. Perhaps this would be a good ice breaker.

Thank you for your generosity. Smile

Thank you to those who served on Viet Nam. You deserved a hero's welcome home.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Please include me, both of my uncles served in Vietnam. Thank you.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I did two tours over there and feel like its unfinished business.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love to win the p228. I spent 1970 in country. Dong Ha and Khe Shan. Stayed another 6 days after my year was over to get a three month drop which put me out of the army when I left Vietnam. Thanks for the chance to win the karma

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in for the p228. My father was in Vietnam with the 101st in 1970-71. He passed away a few years ago, but the p228 would be gifted to a close family friend who flew F-4s in Vietnam.

Thank you for the chance.

Posts: 694 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benny Stowers. Panel 8E, Row 9.

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is very generous of you. Don't enter me. I was only 13 when the war ended. I was the first year that 18 year old men had to register for the draft again. Joined the Kentucky ANG in 1980.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Very very generous karma. Don't enter me as I don't really qualify as I was only a Viet Nam era vet never having had orders there, so I never was in country.

I served with the Army (enlisted) and Navy (commissioned) in a variety of capacities from 1966 to 1999 when i attained retired status. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
My father flew Huey's in Vietnam with the 240th AHC. He retired and then continued flying as a civil service pilot with the Army in Arizona until he passed in 2016.
Thanks for the chance!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Amat victoria curam
Picture of i8mtm
posted Hide Post
Please enter me in this very generous karma. If I win, I will give the pistol to my father who served North of DaNang near the DMZ in 1966-67.

Only once in a while does he talk about the war. He was 19 when he was there and served 13 consecutive months in combat. I cannot imagine what he must have gone through.

Posts: 486 | Location: Eastern PA | Registered: August 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
My sister in laws brother served over there, his name is Mike Parazoo He died from a ruptured aorta only two years after he came home.
My nephew idolized his uncle like no other. My nephew joined the navy and became a weapons ordinance expert and went to the navy ship Cole after it was bombed and help disarm it.
He retired a few years ago and still post pictures of Mike all the time, if I won the pistol I would give it to him in Mike's honor. this is an incredible karma you are a very generous man. Thank You!

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Incredible Karma, a big thanks to you. My BIL served. He would love this gun...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Another extremely generous karma Q. My uncle (mom's youngest brother) did a tour while in the Marines (3rd Battalion, 7th Regiment).

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
As I qualify, I'd like a chance on this. Thanks.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post