SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KARMA: If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you fave family who served in Viet Nam, this P228 (or P220) could be yours. **WINNERS**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA: If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you fave family who served in Viet Nam, this P228 (or P220) could be yours. **WINNERS** Login/Join 
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Great idea for a karma. Please do Not include me. My dad was commissioned after the war. My FIL and uncle served in the war, but there are many more here that deserve this.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I live in CA so in would be deemed illegal to receive it since it's not on the roster of approved handgun list.

So don't include me in the Karma.

My Dad was in the Navy from 65-68 on board the USS Constellation as a Electrical Engineer, he got his citizenship as result of joining the Military and emigrated to the United States shortly after his service.

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
No entry....just want to give Q props for doing this. This was an era that our military did not received the support that it should have. Thanks to all those that served.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Please include me as my older twin brothers served in Nam. Originally I had 3 brothers in Nam at the same time. Army pulled one out and put him in Korea. Thank you for such a generous Karma. John

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Great karma, thanks for offering it to the VN vets.

Please enter me as I was there '68 & '69 at Camp Eagle and Camp Evans, 4/77th ARA, 101st Airborne. Hold the DFC, Bronze Star, and Purple Heart.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I'm not entering either. Just want to echo what many have already said. Wonderful karma with a great purpose! Good luck to you and the winner!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
This is an awesome Karma but how do you prove the veracity of somebody's claim. I can tell you my dad served in Vietnam as a corpsman in the Marines but how do you know if I am telling the truth? I am telling the truth.

A copy of the DD214? That would show the service dates and that's what defines a Vietnam Vet.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
My dad did two tours. Today he turned 70.

Thank for putting out this generous Karma.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You count me in
USAF Tan Son Nhut Air Base 1969 - 1970

The only love that money can buy is a dog

Posts: 176 | Location: Space Coast Florida | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your generous karma once again. I went into the Marine Corps after Vietnam but my uncle served in Vietnam. He has passed but I would give it to his only son.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this very generous karma. Both my father and uncle (his brother) served combat tours, my father in 67-68 and uncle in 68-69. My uncle recently passed but my father is 75, doing well and shoots with me regularly.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
Very generous karma. I don't want to be entered, but wanted to honor my dad who served flying A-6s during multiple deployments.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
My father did 2 tours in Viet Nam on river boats. From what I remember (he never really talked about it), it was the same type of boat and river operating situations depicted in the movie "Apocalypse Now" (I don't know if he ever went into Cambodia... he never stated that he went there).

Sadly, we are coming up on the 3-year anniversary of his passing.

Don't enter me in the drawing even if I am qualified. Just wanted to share a bit about my Dad.

Regards,

Boz...which unit? My FIL was in River Assault Squadron 15, 1967/68

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Another unbelievable karma, 12131! Don't enter me, because, while I'm technically a Viet Nam vet, I didn't actually serve there. (Came damn >< close, though!) Just wanted to say thanks.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not eligible for this but I wanted to say how generous this is of the OP. I hope this weapon goes to someone who was actually there.

My father and father-in-law served during Viet Nam but both managed to avoid combat, with my dad serving in Italy during that time and my father-in-law staying stateside training tankers. My grandfather fought in WWII and Korea, and I've got 3 combat tours to Iraq and one to Afghanistan with another coming in a few months.

We owe a lot to the brave men who fought before us.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Your generosity continues.

I am not eligible, I did my six years of Navy service in the quiet time, after Korea and before Viet Nam, so do not enter me, but I just wanted to comment on your amazing generosity.

Thank you for recognizing those who did serve in this terribly unpopular war. Many of the veterans were treated like crap when they returned, your karma does a bit to help.

Thank you, on behalf of those who served during that time, and for all of those who have served for our country from the very beginning.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
A copy of the DD214? That would show the service dates and that's what defines a Vietnam Vet.

Actually any set of orders issued in Nam - promotion in rank, award of medals, unit assignments, etc., would verify service in RVN. These would also include name, date, unit, and rank.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sign me up. I was there and it is in my DD214.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would like to be added to this karma, my brother served.

When I was a preschooler, back in the early 60's, I could recognize my brother's letters, from Vietnam, in the mail we received by the airmail stripe on the envelope. Can remember my mother's emotion reading them to me, with tears in her eyes, for her concern and the hopefulness of his well-being and safe return home. As she read, I tried to imagine what my big brother was doing over there based on the evening news coverage and film footage shown daily on TV. Of these letters, the last paragraph always inquired as to how I was doing and stated his love and appreciation of the family in general. I still have that box of letters, photos and miscellaneous postcards from my brother. I am thankful that he is only a phone call away anytime I feel like talking with him. Thankful that I still have him as a brother.

This would be for him.

Thank you for the opportunity provided by this offering.

Posts: 901 | Location: Wilmington,NC....I-40 West, use it! | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent two full tours in Nam, October 67-68 and January 72-73. However, don't include me as I have a 228.

Posts: 1201 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post