SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KARMA: If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you fave family who served in Viet Nam, this P228 (or P220) could be yours. **WINNERS**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA: If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you fave family who served in Viet Nam, this P228 (or P220) could be yours. **WINNERS** Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Unbelievably generous karma!

My brother served as a navy corpsman on the USS Joseph Strauss. I don't remember the years he served, as I was kind of young.

I remember him telling the story of an unidentified submerged object following the ship. So many rounds were fired from a deck gun that the barrel overheated.

If picked, could I give you his info and the pistol be sent to him?

Thank you for the outstanding karmas you offer!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
I served but do not want to enter. However, I want to thank you very much for remembering those that served. Your remembrance and generosity are very much appreciated.

Posts: 1987 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Please include me. My brother was there and came home with a 100% disability. My cousin was a door gunner. Both are deceased now. I sure had a lot of good times with them.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
My uncle served in Vietnam. He passed in 2012. I had the honor of driving him into DC to visit the Vietnam Memorial in 2008. We walked up to it and he just stared at it for a very long time. I kept my mouth shut. Finally he turned around and said "OK, Lets go" with tears on his face.

I do not want to enter. I just wanted to thank you Oriental Redneck for such a blessed & wonderful karma

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Please consider me in proxy for my father who was a cartographer in Vietnam. Spent years mapping topography in the Corp of Engineers.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I would like to enter this amazing karma offering. I served two tours in Vietnam 1965-1967 and again in 1970-71.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Please put me in. Photo from one of the rare, flat ground fire-bases we worked out of in the mountains of the Central Highlands, followed by one of the mountain fire-bases.
2/9 Arty, liaison to the 1/35th Inf, 4th ID, 1969.

That's my ruck and 16 in the foreground.

Thanks

PS: I can refer you to the April 1969 HSB roster posted on the 2/9 Arty site.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'm impressed.

I served on the U.S.S. Truxton DLG(N)-35 as a nuclear machinist mate in the Gulf of Tonkin in 1974. We were the flagship in the Piraz watch station. (Positive Identification Radar Advisory Zone). While over 40 years ago, I'll never forget the calm blue waters of the Gulf.

Thanks 12131,

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Could I put my buddy, mrmn50, on the list. He is extremely shy and might miss the post.

As he says, we both ate the same dirt in the Ia Drang.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Not in for the karma, but I wanted to say that the gererosity of this karma and your choice of intended beneficiary is OUTSTANDIG!

You kick ass.

Posts: 3145 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
August of 1965 to August of 1966.
362nd Signal Battalion.
Ban me tuit, Soc Trang and Dalat.
I'm in.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law (now dead from other causes) was there.

My father-in-law would have gone as a pilot, but retired in '63, at least in part because he thought two shooting wars was enough for one man. He had at least two very close calls in airplanes, and didn't want to press his luck.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow what a great gesture , as always, Q. I am not entering this great karma.

I will never forget April 30, 1975. The day my Dad was shot and killed by the Viet Cong with the fall of South Viet Nam. I was 10 years old but still vividly remembered the sounds of gun fire that seems to come from everywhere...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
Please add me. My Dad served as did his brother. I enlisted a year after the war officially ended. My Dad is gone now, but my Uncle is still here. I would like the chance to give it to him.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable generosity! I did not serve, but my dad did. About the only time I ever heard him talk about it was when he talked about this guy from Hawaii.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14009 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I'd like to enter a chance on behalf of my uncles, particularly my uncle Lavern who served in Vietnam. He is seen by the same VA Outpatient Clinic as I attend. He is disabled but loves to hunt and spend time outdoors. I actually had many uncles serve during Vietnam. One, who has passed, served in the Navy in Danang, one who served in the Army during Vietnam but in Germany. Also had several others serve during Vietnam but not sure where they served. So, to sum up, I am placing an entry for my uncle Lavern. He lives locally and I will only assist in connecting him if by chance he wins. Regardless, this is such a generous and considerate act. Vietnam Veterans recognition took place in our county recently and I was surprised at the turnout. We even had a Korean Veteran attend. Thank you 12131. Words just can't express my feelings about your generosity to our brothers who served in Vietnam.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gimp with
The Limp
Picture of RBeach
posted Hide Post
Thank you for offering this very generous karma. My father served 2 tours over there. Please add my name to the list.

RBeach

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Mill, SC | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. My uncle served in Vietnam. Thank you.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father served there US Army, please include me in this drawing. Thanks for the generosity and the chance.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in South East Asia during that time, got orders for Viet Nam, and they were rescinded. I got sent to Thailand instead. We supported the mission there. I ended up flying in and out a couple times and took ground fire. But, I was never officially there. My whole unit was never officially there. The first American who bought the farm there was never officially there, and was originally listed killed in a plane crash. I had the same job.

So, you can officially count me out. However, I'd like to thank you for remembering the guys in my generation for doing their part.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post