SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tonneau cover / bed liner info?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tonneau cover / bed liner info? Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I have a rollbak, it has not been a good product for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I have a DiamondBack hard cover that is sprayed with LineX as is my truck bed. Both have held up since 2009. I found that I can repair any gouges with the auto parts store spray can bed coating. I picked DiamondBack it's locally made State College PA and you can load about (the model I have) 2000 lbs on top of the cover, great to run lumber or ATV. Very happy and their CS are the nicest people around. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
I prefer "camper shells" over tonneau covers, so no opinion there.

On the bedliner, LineX is the best option IMO. Just be sure to find a good dealer to do the install properly. Drop in bedliners will just mask problems, and other spray in liners are not as good as LineX.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
BAK revolver x2. Love that thing.

I've had mine for several months and I agree.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My F150 came with a plastic bed liner, if not I would have had one sprayed.

I got the Bakflip G2 cover and love it. Since the tailgate locks, everything is secure (cover is rigid) and I can easily flip it out of the way to haul stuff.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I've had spray in liners in my last 2 trucks and swear by them. Mine was done by a local shop, Inyati, quality of the product and their application have been great.

As far as tonneau covers, my last tuck had a framed vinyl roll up, ok but it lacked security. My current one has a BakFlip VP. It's a 3 panel hard tonneau that folds up against the back of the cab. I got the vinyl covered thinking the vinyl covering would provide an extra layer of warp hoofing over the hinged panels. It's done that but now after 2 years the vinyl is starting to pucker along the edge of one of the panels. The other disadvantage is that the cover has to be open to close the tailgate, can make for a PITA.

Overall I like the BakFlip line of covers. They provide a lot of versatility and more security than a soft roll up cover. The new MX supposedly has a new seal system that lets the tailgate be closed while the tonneau is closed.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Info and opinions much appreciated. Truck belongs to my father. I am just looking for X-mas gift ideas. Will investigate locally for Line-x installer.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Bought a Lund Genesis Elite for my new Sierra a few weeks ago. Like the roll up design much better than the trifold design I had on my prior truck.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Bought a Lund Genesis Elite for my new Sierra a few weeks ago. Like the roll up design much better than the trifold design I had on my prior truck.

Michael

I have the same on my 2017 Canyon "long" bed.

It's great.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truxedo tonneau has been good to me...durable and very dry. Would have to look up the model number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post