SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tonneau cover / bed liner info?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tonneau cover / bed liner info? Login/Join 
posted
Is there a clear winner for a bed cover or spray in bed liner as far as the forum is concerned? Maybe one of the covers that folds in sections? My experience is limited to one of the parts store cheapies with bows that hold the tarp up. Not really impressed and a PITA if you wanna haul anything taller than the bed rails.
For a new body style GMC Canyon, 6' bed.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2738 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I have had nothing but good luck with the Extang Trifecta 2.0.
I have had one for several trucks and have nothing to say but good things about them. The 2.0 is the latest version I believe. Have it on my Ram now.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Are you looking for a bed liner or a cover?

I like sprayed in liners which I have on my truck and use a Truxcedo Lo Pro over it.

YMMV

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
I have a backflip R2 cover and I love it. Easy install and I can have item safe in there as log as the tailgate is locked. Can also hold 4oo pounds on the top of it.

https://bakindustries.com/p-82...covers-overview.html

Go with LineX for the bed.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I like Line X over Rhino based on personal experience.

As far as a cover, I don't use one, but IF I were I'd go for the one my friend has, which is hardened segments that flip up and lock into place along a rail. Waterproof and has lights built in to the housing.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that there was a bed liner thread on here not too long ago. LineX got a whole lot of good recommendations as I recall.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I love the BakFlip G2 on my Tundra.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
LineX standard in my F150. ~13 months now & still satisfied with it.

Bed cover, I'd probably go with a Bakflip MX4. I like the matte finish over the glossy on the G2/F1.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Are you looking for a bed liner or a cover?

I like sprayed in liners which I have on my truck and use a Truxcedo Lo Pro over it.

YMMV

+1 truxedo low pro

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Line-X and a backflip g2 on my Ram....no complaints.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new truck! Fine choice you made, I have a new style Canyon with the short bed.

LineX and Bakflip Revolver X2 here. Happy as can be.

Posts: 839 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Line-X for the spray on

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, good thing I stumbled on this thread. I have your stablemate, a 2017 Colorado Z71 crew cab short bed. I have the factory optional spray in bed liner, which I am 100% happy with. Basically just OEM Line-X. Did lots of research on tonneau covers, and settled on this one:

https://www.truxedo.com/p-3720...truck-bed-cover.html

The Pro X15 is a matte finish canvas, and mines been wet, frozen, you name it...durable stuff. It is also 99% waterproof, which was important to me. I'd have to spray pressure in specific area in the corners of the tailgate to get any water in the bed while washing the truck. rolls up all the way so I don't lose any bed when putting in a large object. Paid about $450 on Amazon Prime.

You also need to put one of these on the list of things to get:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spray in bedliner still lets things slide, this bed mat makes it almost impossible. Lets me be a little more careless how I put things in the bed, love it, worth every penny.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 969 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a soft roll up cover. Extang. Line X with a 1/2" sheet of plywood in the bed

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Peragon tonneau a few months ago. Self installed in about 4 hours. American made, excellent customer service (called an hour after it arrived to be sure there were no shipping issues and helped with install questions over the phone and via email), reasonably priced, and a good combo of roll up (folds into bed) and fold up (folds not rolls). None but the overy the rail style will keep all water out, but this one does well enough for me.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
I purchased a Peragon tonneau a few months ago. Self installed in about 4 hours. American made, excellent customer service (called an hour after it arrived to be sure there were no shipping issues and helped with install questions over the phone and via email), reasonably priced, and a good combo of roll up (folds into bed) and fold up (folds not rolls). None but the overy the rail style will keep all water out, but this one does well enough for me.
I had a Peragon on my old Silverado. I greatly prefer the Bakflip MX4 I recently installed on my Frontier because:
  • Nothing hangs down into the bed. I loaned my Silverado to a buddy who tied off a load to the Peragon because it was in the way of the bed tie-downs.
  • You can store the cover in 2 positions. (1) panel closet to cab which gives access to 80% of the bed. (2) panels stacked up vertically by cab giving you access to 100% of the bed.
  • It installed in 90 minutes which is less than half the time of the Peragon
  • It can handle a 400 lb load. Not sure what the Peragon is rated for, but somebody broke into my Peragon by smashing through the aluminum at the rail.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of steelcityfishanddive
    posted Hide Post
    BAK revolver x2. Love that thing.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Another vote for the BAK Revolver X2. I've had mine on my F-150 for just over a year and can't imagine ever having a pickup without one!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Backflip MX4 on my F150. Great decision. $900 installed.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    "The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
    posted Hide Post
    I have never had a tonneau cover, but I have had Line-x sprayed in the last three trucks and really like it. Line-x seems to have a finer “grain” to it than Rhino and from what I have seen, holds up better to abuse and weather.

Bear in mind; A lot of the spray in liners really depend on the applicator with regards to their quality. The same place has done the last two of my trucks and I have been pleased. My first spray liner was done by a trusted HS friend who owns a local body shop.

I have cattle and a couple other “side hustles” which has me hauling lots of different stuff. I have one spot on a fender where a sharp piece of scrap iron wore a hole through the Line-x after several days and miles of rubbing against it.
    For what it’s worth, I also have a rubber mat in the floor of the bed.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post