SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Minnesota anglers charged for catching 253 fish over legal limit
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minnesota anglers charged for catching 253 fish over legal limit Login/Join 
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
When the steelhead run up the rivers from lake Erie, the Russians in Cleveland like to post up at the major waterfalls and poach.

I've seen guys snagging fish with massive treble hooks, throwing minnow nets, even grabbing them bare handed and tossing up on the bank where their chirrin' wait to administer a beat-down. I've called the ODNR dozens of times on those assholes.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
That doesn't sound right. The legal limit to catch is10.
But not being able to fill a home Freezer?
I'm not gonna go look it up but i can go every day catch my10 go home and put them up. Come back the next do the same.

I'm not an expert but i think this isn't correct ...

quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
Most states have a daily limit and a possession limit. The ones in the freezer count towards the possession limit.

quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^^^

Not in MN. The possession and daily limits are the same. Dumb law.

In Texas, the possession limit is how many you can have on a trip before you take them home, no limit at home.

That's where the possession limit being twice the daily bag limit comes from - you can go Saturday and Sunday and get two daily bag limits.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulat...ulations/definitions

"Possession Limit:
The maximum number of fish a person may possess before returning to their residence. Possession limit is twice the daily bag on game and nongame fish, except as provided in this guide, and does not apply to fish in the possession of or stored by a person at their residence."

Sure enough, Minnesota doesn't do it that way.

https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/...ing/fishing_regs.pdf

"Daily and possession limits (bag limits) - For most species of fish, daily and possession limits are the same. One exception would be the inland limit on yellow perch, which is 20 per day and 40 in possession. The daily and possession limits include fish possessed by the person at all locations including such places as livewell, cold storage, at home, or at a resort."

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isouvahn Xayachack

Hey !
its either us! or them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc-e8EGkLMo

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post