SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Senator Testor (D) MT is really really mad over the Tax Reform Bill
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senator Testor (D) MT is really really mad over the Tax Reform Bill Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
Members of Congress and Senate don't usually read the Bills, their staff does and tells them what's in it.
For a large number of elected officials on capital hill this is completely necessary because they're simply too stupid to be able to read/grasp the bills they're voting on. I could provide a list to prove my point, but we all know at least a couple morons in Washington that fit in this category.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The word "usually" should tell you something. The more important the legislation, the higher up the ladder the legislation is reviewed. At some point all the staff can do is tell the legislator where to look in a thick pile of proposed legislation. That's because (1) at some point the legislator is going to have to be able to discuss specifics with staff, the press, the lobbyists and the constituents and (2) at some point the legislator is going to have to offer specific alternatives. If the legislator doesn't know the specifics well enough to discuss them, the legislator's going to get rolled like a drunk in an alleyway in those conversations.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post