SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Senator Testor (D) MT is really really mad over the Tax Reform Bill
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senator Testor (D) MT is really really mad over the Tax Reform Bill Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The protesters are cracking me up. They haven't read it, either, they just parroting stupid phrases mindlessly.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The democrats are in a full out panic. Not because they are afraid the tax bill will fail the American people, they are afraid it will succeed. They simply CANNOT allow Trump to have a victory; they cannot allow the American people to prosper under Trump's leadership. Doing so will directly attack and undermine the "failure" narrative they have been feeding their ignorant disciples. They could care less about this country. They want to retain their power over us, and keeping Americans poor and dependent on the government is how they do it.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The democrats are in a full out panic. Not because they are afraid the tax bill will fail the American people, they are afraid it will succeed. They simply CANNOT allow Trump to have a victory; they cannot allow the American people to prosper under Trump's leadership. Doing so will directly attack and undermine the "failure" narrative they have been feeding their ignorant disciples. They could care less about this country. They want to retain their power over us, and keeping Americans poor and dependent on the government is how they do it.

Well Said.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The democrats are in a full out panic.....They could care less about this country. They want to retain their power over us, and keeping Americans poor and dependent on the government is how they do it.

That needs a repeat. (bolding mine, hope you don't mind)

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am really getting use to this winning thing.....thank you Mr. President!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I am really getting use to this winning thing.....thank you Mr. President!!

Good One!

Like he once said..."We are going to WIN, so much....You may get tired of it". LOL.

Love to see the Libtards/Demo's pissing their pants over this.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
with Senator Bob Corker being the sole Republican holdout.

'sole Rhino traitor' sounds more accurate.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I just saw our Montana Senator - a member of the minority party - bloviating on the 10:00 news regarding the Tax Reform Bill. He was whining because he didn't have a chance to read the 500+ bill prior to voting. (as if he'd vote in support of it.) He was play acting like he was really pissed.
<snip>

Voting on a bill without reading all n-hundred pages? That's SOP for Congress persons.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Tester is just another soon to be replaced old Democrat. At least if the people of Montana have ANY sense at all.

I sure hope so. Most Montanan's do, but we still have Butte, Missoula and few libtards in Kalispell that carry a lot of sway.

Posts: 1472 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
That is what he always plays. Angry buzz cut High School Football couch.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
quote:
Tester is just another soon to be replaced old Democrat. At least if the people of Montana have ANY sense at all.

I sure hope so. Most Montanan's do, but we still have Butte, Missoula and few libtards in Kalispell that carry a lot of sway.

Don't forget Bozeman!

Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
As someone who absolutely loves your state, I truly hope you can unseat this clown and send someone good back to Washington.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Family Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett257:....I have little faith in large corporations and their leadership to act in a way that benefits America first, and them second.

And you greater confidence that liberals in congress will spend your money in the best interest of the people and not on themselves and their cronies?

I have very little confidence in anyone in government. I'm absolutely for tax cuts, but I think those framing this as the answer to sending jobs overseas may be disappointed.

I support any attempt to lower taxes, because who better to make decisions about how to use money than the individual who earns it?

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett257:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:

Possibly all along all we had to do to keep American companies from going overseas was to reduce the corporate tax rate. Maybe its too late but if we'd have done that 30 years ago. I've concluded the powers that be including globalists want our jobs to go overseas or they'd have prevented the exodus. Spread the wealth and all that.

You may be right. My concern with the corporate tax cut is that corporations may take their tax cut and continue to send jobs overseas. Executives may use increased profits for compensation and stock buybacks instead of increasing the number of jobs available in these United States.

I have little faith in large corporations and their leadership to act in a way that benefits America first, and them second.

Lowering corporate taxes wasn't going to prevent jobs from going overseas. With fast transportations, audio/video communications, and the internet, the global economy has given corporations easy access to cheap labor across the world.

Brett257 is correct that large corporations aren't going to act to benefit America first. On the other hand, lowering the corporate tax rate will allow corporations to realize profits inside the US instead of keeping the money overseas in order to avoid tax exposure. Without the lower tax rates, they're not going to bring the money into the US. Without the money in the US, there's no way for the money to be invested and spent in the US.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Brett257 is correct that large corporations aren't going to act to benefit America first.

This brings back memories of Econ 101, so many years go. (Mr. Will Gordon!) "The goal of any corporation is to make money for its shareholders. Period." If you make a good product, or serve people well, or keep people employed, well that's just gravy. But the GOAL is to make money for the shareholders.

Harsh reality.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested to see how many congress critters file for property tax abatements every year....my guess is all of them.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I really wish they'd pass a true tax reform bill.

Get rid of all the loopholes and exemptions (other than dependant spouse and minor children for individuals). Flat tax, marginal rates (as we have now) or a straight-forward formula--I don't care. A cutoff at the low end and a ceiling at the high end.

Taxation is onerous enough without politicians using the tax code as leverage to their own ends Mad

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Oh, hell, that was just the version that existed five hours before the vote. I'm sure he got every bit as much time as his Republican counterparts did to read the final version. Besides, as Pushing Turtle pointed out, every Senator will get a chance to read and vote on whatever the final, final bill will be that comes out of the House-Senate conference.

Members of Congress and Senate don't usually read the Bills, their staff does and tells them what's in it.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Get rid of all the loopholes and exemptions (other than dependant spouse and minor children for individuals). Flat tax, marginal rates (as we have now) or a straight-forward formula--I don't care. A cutoff at the low end and a ceiling at the high end.

Taxation is onerous enough without politicians using the tax code as leverage to their own ends Mad

Myself and others had their jobs outsourced long before "corporate taxes were exorbitant", so I am trying to grasp how this so-called tax cut will help me (I am at the low end of middle income). Over the last fifty years, ALL of my tax deductions have been taken away and given to the wealthy and corporations. Why is that?

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Yet I do not understand nor agree with this reasoning. Every single dollar, regardless who makes it or what their net worth is, should be taxed exactly alike. Doing otherwise is simply immoral in my eyes. Taxing earnings is also immoral in my eyes regardless of one's social standing. I have long advocated for a complete repeal of the federal income tax scam (along with a number of other taxes) in favor of a consumption tax on every dollar spent in the country, regardless who's spending it. Even those here illegally pay with that scheme. Simple, straightforward, and everyone has skin in the game. It also would make it politically unpopular/dangerous to every politician to try and raise that tax rate.
quote:
On this we are in complete agreement. We must remove from the hands of the white collar criminals on capital hill the means to line their own pockets, and those of their cronies, while fleecing the American taxpayers.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post