SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Senator Testor (D) MT is really really mad over the Tax Reform Bill
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senator Testor (D) MT is really really mad over the Tax Reform Bill Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
I just saw our Montana Senator - a member of the minority party - bloviating on the 10:00 news regarding the Tax Reform Bill. He was whining because he didn't have a chance to read the 500+ bill prior to voting. (as if he'd vote in support of it.) He was play acting like he was really pissed.

My wife and I - in perfect harmony - said "We have to pass it to see what's in it."

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, hell, that was just the version that existed five hours before the vote. I'm sure he got every bit as much time as his Republican counterparts did to read the final version. Besides, as Pushing Turtle pointed out, every Senator will get a chance to read and vote on whatever the final, final bill will be that comes out of the House-Senate conference.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
He was play acting like he was really pissed.

Well, he's got an election coming up after all....

Baucus taught him well.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see how many people are going to get a huge tax refund because of this... Then all the GOP needs to do is remind everyone that no democrats voted for it

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did he read the ACA?

Posts: 4586 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/hV-05TLiiLU

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
"Seriously, all of these Republicans can suck a bag of dicks. Shame on every son of a bitch that votes for this travesty of a "tax" bill. How in the name of all that's holy can anyone vote on a piece of legislation that is literally going to devastate millions of Americans when they haven't even read the damn thing?!? What a disgrace."

As seen on my FB news feed,I'm sure he saw the same news cast

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
"Seriously, all of these Republicans can suck a bag of dicks. Shame on every son of a bitch that votes for this travesty of a "tax" bill. How in the name of all that's holy can anyone vote on a piece of legislation that is literally going to devastate millions of Americans when they haven't even read the damn thing?!? What a disgrace."

Haha, thats rich. So what did said poster think of the passage of Obamacare?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Haha, thats rich. So what did said poster think of the passage of Obamacare?

He lives in the Manhattan bubble where Obama is a God. I had already posted that 10 second clip of Pelosi and said nothing else

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Tester is just another soon to be replaced old Democrat. At least if the people of Montana have ANY sense at all.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
He feeds the Ag lobbies. He'll more than likely be re-elected.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
You can tell it's great by who opposed it.

In the words of crazy uncle joe: "Its a big fucking deal!"

Possibly all along all we had to do to keep American companies from going overseas was to reduce the corporate tax rate. Maybe its too late but if we'd have done that 30 years ago. I've concluded the powers that be including globalists want our jobs to go overseas or they'd have prevented the exodus. Spread the wealth and all that.

The hit to high tax blue states if the final bill included loss of these deductions is huge. It may curb the drunken sailor spending in those states as the citizens should riot when the full impact of these taxes will be realized instead of mitigated by federal offsets.

I never looked at like this before, but it seems allowing state and local taxes to be federally deducted enables states raping their citizens with outrageous taxes. They'd never have been able to do what they've done without the federal offsets.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
He feeds the Ag lobbies. He'll more than likely be re-elected.

I agree, unless somebody better than Troy Downing gets in the race.

Incumbents are re-elected 97% of the time. It takes a tough fight and a great candidate to beat them odds.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
You can tell it's great by who opposed it.

In the words of crazy uncle joe: "Its a big fucking deal!"

Possibly all along all we had to do to keep American companies from going overseas was to reduce the corporate tax rate. Maybe its too late but if we'd have done that 30 years ago. I've concluded the powers that be including globalists want our jobs to go overseas or they'd have prevented the exodus. Spread the wealth and all that.

The hit to high tax blue states if the final bill included loss of these deductions is huge. It may curb the drunken sailor spending in those states as the citizens should riot when the full impact of these taxes will be realized instead of mitigated by federal offsets.

I never looked at like this before, but it seems allowing state and local taxes to be federally deducted enables states raping their citizens with outrageous taxes. They'd never have been able to do what they've done without the federal offsets.

I see your point, but the federalist in me likes the idea of taxes staying and being spent locally. I think there shouldn’t be a federal income tax at all.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Family Man
posted Hide Post
quote:

You may be right. My concern with the corporate tax cut is that corporations may take their tax cut and continue to send jobs overseas. Executives may use increased profits for compensation and stock buybacks instead of increasing the number of jobs available in these United States.

I have little faith in large corporations and their leadership to act in a way that benefits America first, and them second.

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett257:....I have little faith in large corporations and their leadership to act in a way that benefits America first, and them second.

And you greater confidence that liberals in congress will spend your money in the best interest of the people and not on themselves and their cronies?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
It's rich watching the libs have a melt down here in Oregon this morning. The same stupid fuckers who wasted nearly $500m on their Cover Oregon website that never rolled out and who can't even come close to balancing a budget in a booming economy. All they know is tax and spend.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep. Here's another way of looking at it: instead of our having to periodically defend against attempts to get the federal taxpayers to bail out New York, California, or any other state with a wild sense of entitlement, this is going on the offensive.

Even with a $10,000 cap on a deduction for property taxes, etc., this is going to seriously cramp the drunken sailor spending. $10,000 just doesn't go very far in California or New York, and there aren't that many Californians or New Yorkers who own enough real estate to justify a $10,000 state property tax bill.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The Senate took up tax reform this week and after some procedural hurdles, Club for Growth is proud to report the Senate has passed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act by a vote of 51-49 with Senator Bob Corker being the sole Republican holdout.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post