SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I want one of these
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want one of these Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted

I don't mean that I want some natural disaster to occur or anything, I just think it would be sort of neat to have one to display.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
MoZ on Saturday morning? Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:

I don't mean that I want some natural disaster to occur or anything, I just think it would be sort of neat to have one to display.

You can find them on eBay if you really want one...

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Or just buy a Coors Light, same contents Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a red label from Hurricane Andrew days. Picked it up in Homestead during a bit of marine salvage.

My can is super thin, almost like aluminum paper.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waaaay back in the late 60's, we'd pickup drinking water cans discarded by railroad work crews by the tracks that went through/by my grandparents' farm in NW Arkansas.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have a can. I have also drank a can and it SUCKS. I mean if you are in a bad way it's the best water ever and awesome that they do this but just as water goes it's rough. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
But is it organic?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I think it's an awesome public service that they use their high volume filtration and canning to make water for disasters.
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I have a can. I have also drank a can and it SUCKS. I mean if you are in a bad way it's the best water ever and awesome that they do this but just as water goes it's rough. Smile
It's supposedly run thru the same filtration equipment as their "beer." Although, water is far from their beer's only problem.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
Waaaay back in the late 60's, we'd pickup drinking water cans discarded by railroad work crews by the tracks that went through/by my grandparents' farm in NW Arkansas.

That was the first time I saw water packaged was at a friend's house who worked for a railroad in the 60's. Had some kind of preservative additive. We pierced a can and it tasted like water. Not as good as tap water.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hahaha I always wondered this. I watched a few old civil defense videos and they were stocking shelters with basically soup cans full of water. Wondered how it would taste after a few years.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
But is it organic?

Ii it caffeine free, free range, gluten-free, Halal, Kosher, non-GMO, low sodium, non-cholesterol, non-phenylketonuric, Parve, pesticide-free, sugar-free, no trans-fatty acid, and vegan?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandpa was a picker before being a picker was cool and had some coors 32 or 40 oz bottles with no paper labels on them and factory sealed screw tops that had water in them. He even wrote to coors ( back in the days when you sent a paper letter!) and sent a pic but never got a reply

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of those around here somewhere that is from the late 80's or early 90's that still has water in it.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Or just buy a Coors Light, same contents Big Grin

Grain of truth in that, I'm thinking. Wink

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:

Heck, I don't want to drink the stuff, full or empty I just want a can.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
My grandpa was a picker before being a picker was cool and had some coors 32 or 40 oz bottles with no paper labels on them and factory sealed screw tops that had water in them. He even wrote to coors ( back in the days when you sent a paper letter!) and sent a pic but never got a reply

And I remember when Coors was not sold east of the Rockies.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Macabre humor: "Collect them all!"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
And I remember when Coors was not sold east of the Rockies.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post