SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Video from JAllen
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video from JAllen Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Look honey, I got a new heckuva leaf blower!

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness, from the title I was afraid someone had found that Wilford Brimley nude scene JAllen always claims to have body doubled for.

As for the video, thats very cool.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pwelch001:
That is cool. Can you imagine having that? Thanks for the video!

Can you imagine that teeny little overworked engine cutting out?

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by pwelch001:
That is cool. Can you imagine having that? Thanks for the video!

Can you imagine that teeny little overworked engine cutting out?

tac

Ha! Great (somewhat paranoid?) minds think alike. That was the first thing that occurred to me after I saw him go out over the water. "Bet he'd sink like a rock."

Still: That was very cool Smile

quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
He is wearing a parachute.

At that elevation a parachute would be worse than useless. All it would do is add more unbalanced weight to help ensure more bodily damage if the thing failed.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Interesting if true, but looks fake to me.

Real and already government intervention.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Interesting if true, but looks fake to me.

Real and already government intervention.
The picture at that link with all the mist in the air is very different from the video in the original post. When he went over the water I thought, “This is where it will get exciting.” Nothing though. He must have figured out how high he needs to be above the water to avoid stirring up mist with his jet blast.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Seeing that thing flying gave me goosebumps, but the good kind.

Seeing that the lead tech was a guy wearing Daisy Dukes gave me goosebumps, too. The bad kind. Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An all around bad idea. A Darwin Moment in the making. What do you do in a power failure? What if you "trip"? You never could recover. Any type of flight idea that "hangs" on power is an invitation
for disaster.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Getting inverted at the wrong time could prove challenging! Pretty cool, just the same!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember reading about these as a kid in the 1950s:

https://www.ravenecho.com/articles/14/61/

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:
An all around bad idea.

Having seen videos where eagles/hawks/etc. take umbrage to drone flights in their territory, I wouldn't want to be balancing on one of those things in that scenario.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
In case anyone wants one...

https://zapata.com/air-products/flyboardair
From their FAQ page:
What does it cost?
We have not finalized pricing, but depending on quantity, per unit cost will be approximately 240,000 Euros.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post