SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Video from JAllen
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video from JAllen Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/eZWy9KcHyiE

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW-Amazing technology....I am an old man and I would love one of these to play on....Thaks for the video...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That is cool. Can you imagine having that? Thanks for the video!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
That thing could revolutionize duck hunting.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Wow!

With some wings on it, we edge ever closer to Green Goblin/Hobgoblin.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting if true, but looks fake to me.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Thanks, pal!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
Wow!

With some wings on it, we edge ever closer to Green Goblin/Hobgoblin.

I thought that too....needs green paint!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Interesting if true, but looks fake to me.

I had the same feeling but thought I'd just throw it up without comment to get reactions.

I'm just not sure the technology is there to provide enough lift. And if it is, the power source must be pretty revolutionary.

And then there are stability issues.

Seems like we'd have heard about such things if those sort of breakthroughs were being made.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Thanks, pal!

Any time, my Cyber-Friend! Big Grin

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'm not seeing any evidence of thrust coming out. the bottom. There's like no air movement at all.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it clearly shows two small turbojet engines (like I used in my r/c jets) mounted vertically. Can't tell which specific ones they are or how large they are, thrustwise, for sure. These small turbojet engines put out anywhere from 5 pounds to several hundred pounds of thrust depending on the size of the specific engine.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
I am an old man and I would die love on one of these

He is wearing a parachute. We would need a lot better and more complete air traffic control before we have people zooming around in the air.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

He is wearing a parachute. We would need a lot better and more complete air traffic control before we have people zooming around in the air.

Are you sure that’s a chute? He never gets high enough for a chute to deploy. I thought it might be a power pack of some sort, fuel, maybe.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Looks like a flying Segway.

That'd be fun to try. Over water. Or a REALLY big pile of marshmallows or something.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. I also want those Iron Man palm things he fires at the bad guys.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

That would be the fuel pack. Gyro stabilization and skills would make it possible but I wonder where the polar moment of inertia is and how easy it would be to tumble foreword past the gyros ability to stabilize it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well since I weigh (at the moment) around 220 lbs. and given the device itself weighs 40 lbs.? And given the backpack of fuel and whatever of 10 lbs., that means this thing would have to generate somewhere around 270 lbs. of thrust to get my fat rump off the ground. Not sure that's gonna happen...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. What an amazing platform! If only...
Blackhorse4

Posts: 87 | Location: North central Kentucky | Registered: October 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little similar to flying a helicopter, except the thrust is from below rather than lift from above. Certainly not as easy to fly as it appeared. Problem too is knowing when to land. With a helo you can auto-rotate and come down with some sense of control. If/when that engine quits you better be on the ground...

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post