SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    firefox critical update
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

firefox critical update Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
Just started using Firefox regularly the other day - is it normal to get these critical update tab popups (pic below)?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Do NOT click!
If you look at the URL, it's not Firefox.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Do NOT click!
If you look at the URL, it's not Firefox.

Agreed!!

We can check the URL by hovering the mouse over the link and in the lower left corner the address will pop up.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I'm on version 52.0.2
I don't get pop-ups... but I also use no script.
Try the help section at the top of the page and search for updates there.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
People still use Firefox?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Yes, and am happy with it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
Just started using Firefox regularly the other day - is it normal to get these critical update tab popups (pic below)?

Firefox updates itself.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do,so what is wrong with that?

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Firefox updates itself.

By default, it does.

You can opt to install manually:

OPTIONS--->ADVANCED--->UPDATE

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes I do. Are you too cool to use it or something?

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Mine usually updates when I start it. I have never gotten a pop up. I would be very leery of it.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Hmmm clicking on Firefox update
...Ohhhhh

....shit!!!!! Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

I used to be a fan but it seemed to have gotten a bit slow and bloated in recent years. Switched to Chrome and am happy with how fast and nonbloated it is.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I used to be a fan but it seemed to have gotten a bit slow and bloated in recent years. Switched to Chrome and am happy with how fast and nonbloated it is.

I'm not sure chrome is the browser it once was. I switched from Firefox to Chrome years ago when Firefox got slow. I get alot of "Google Chrome Helper" hogging my CPU way to often in the last year or so.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Since the OP hasn't posted again wonder if he clicked the link............

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I used Firefox in the past, but it got to where it just never ran right on my mac.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

People still use Chrome?

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
I used Firefox in the past, but it got to where it just never ran right on my mac.

Agreed. A few years ago it started running extremely slowly and randomly crashing for no apparent reason. Didn't seem to matter what I did, it just didn't work right on the mac. I ended up switching back to Safari, which was (ironically?) about the time it started to be useful again.

Now I pretty much stick to TOR Browser.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
For me, I use whatever browser streams my Filmstruck the best. IE (internet explorder) never worked, can't log in let alone watch a film. Chrome worked for a while, then became a hassle with Adobe Flash crashing and having to be uninstalled and reinstalled - using IE (you can't fix it with Chrome). Firefox works like a dream.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Lunascape 6 Smile
Browser esotrica.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post