SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Peaceful Immigrant tries to set fire to a day care center
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peaceful Immigrant tries to set fire to a day care center Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Damn Norwegians...

I just love the last line of this article. Seriously, she's from Norway, right?

Woman mad at US actions abroad set campus fires

A woman allegedly angry with U.S. military actions abroad was charged Friday with setting several fires at a Minnesota university.

Tnuza Jamal Hassan, 19, a former student at St. Catherine University in St. Paul, allegedly confessed to investigators that she started multiple fires on campus last week, including one in a dormitory housing a day care center.

She was charged with first-degree arson and was held Friday night in the Ramsey County Jail on $100,000 bail.

"Hassan stated she started the fires because she's been reading about the US military destroying schools in Iraq or Afghanistan and she felt that she should do exactly the same thing," a criminal complaint said. "She said that her fire-starting was not as successful as she wanted."

Nobody was injured due to the fires and most damage was limited to the university’s equipment, according to the school. A sprinkler system at the day care center, where 33 children and eight adults were present, prevented the spread of the fire.

Hassan allegedly harbored radical ideas and wrote a letter to her roommates containing “radical ideas about supporting Muslims and bringing back the caliphate."

The complaint claims the woman told the police and fire investigators that “You guys are lucky that I don't know how to build a bomb because I would have done that.”

"Hassan said she wanted the school to burn to the ground and that her intent was to hurt people," the complaint added. "Hassan said this was that same thing that happened in 'Muslim land' and nobody cares if they get hurt, so why not do this?"

The university said the woman was enrolled at the university in the fall 2017 semester but eventually dropped out because she and her family were planning a vacation in Ethiopia.

The authorities did not disclose Hassan’s nationality, citing privacy laws.

Oh, wait, I know- she's from Holland. Right?

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
A vacation in Ethiopia? Hmmm... yep, she is Norwegian.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember, our wonderful Governor told us (mostly real Norwegian descendants) that we should leave if we don’t like the “diversity” being shoved down our throats.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steyn:
A vacation in Ethiopia? Hmmm... yep, she is Norwegian.

It’s the new Riviera

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would like to see the statute that covers this,if there is actually one.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like she confessed to her crimes. The trial should be swift and the justice swifter.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Attended St. Catherine University. Obviously a good Catholic girl.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lock it up for a few years and deport it's ass to where ever its from. Put it on a watch list also. I use the term "it" since good people regardless faith or nationality due not commit acts such as these.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:

I would like to see the statute that covers this,if there is actually one.

If her name isn't protected by privacy laws, then her country of origin isn't. This is just Minnesota liberal BS.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She's from Oslo!

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
She's from Oslo!

I've heard Ethiopia is a vacation hotspot for Norwegians...

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Do her jail/prison time (every day of it) then immediately be deported!

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Funny, she doesn't look Scandinavian. Confused

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
She dropped out of college to take a vacation in Ethiopia. She and her family.....nothing to see here. Expedia must be offering that “Dreamer Shithole” package again.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Stone Her,she'll feel like she's back home.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8355 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What she did was not criminal. What she did was warfare.

She's an unlawful combatant. Put her in a POW camp until the war is over; that's better than she deserves, and better than she's entitled to under the Geneva Conventions. This is the approach we should have been taking since 2001, if not before.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
To hell with all those ideas about Gitmo and/or other such places.

Locking them up and supporting them for decades is not my idea of JUSTICE.

She should be charged with multiple counts of attempted MURDER. There were people, including a number of children, where she set one fire.

In my book, that constitutes attempted murder.

Invest about 3 cents in a .22LR HP.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

She should be charged with multiple counts of attempted MURDER. There were people, including a number of children, where she set one fire.

Agree, except rope is re-useable.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Agree, except rope is re-useable.

Was good enough for Perry and Dick!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post