SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First time flying...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First time flying... Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Fake? Meaning, the guy knew what he was doing and planned the entire thing. Like Joe Bob the Drunk Pilot (or whatever the stunt pilot's name is who does similar things with a Cub/Super Cub).

I think with the correct plane (light frame, big wing, big motor), I could maybe do that with a little practice and a lot of soft grass...
I was there with you until the plane ended up on its wing touching during landing.

I was wondering the same thing 'til he stuck the landing. A friend used to do a more radical appearing show in her J-3 Cub, but her landing was right down the centerline, first touching on one main, then picking it up and touching on the other main, then finally planting it. She is a darned good stick too.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Fake? Meaning, the guy knew what he was doing and planned the entire thing. Like Joe Bob the Drunk Pilot (or whatever the stunt pilot's name is who does similar things with a Cub/Super Cub).

I think with the correct plane (light frame, big wing, big motor), I could maybe do that with a little practice and a lot of soft grass...
I was there with you until the plane ended up on its wing touching during landing.

I was wondering the same thing 'til he stuck the landing. A friend used to do a more radical appearing show in her J-3 Cub, but her landing was right down the centerline, first touching on one main, then picking it up and touching on the other main, then finally planting it. She is a darned good stick too.
I don't know if this is fake or real, but Kyle Franklin does some pretty crazy stuff in a Super Cub, including dragging wingtips.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
What a dumb ass.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Any landing you can walk away from, as they say...

Posts: 107518 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post