SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your daily average household water usage??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your daily average household water usage?? Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Looks like I’m averaging about 83 gallons a day. More (MUCH more) when the girls are home. But with just me & my son, we just barely get over the minimum charge amount. I’m spending about $35/month on water.
Back when I was married, I could always tell the months that the MIL visited....Water and electricity usesge would always spike noticeably. That woman would wash two T-shirt’s in a full load of water, and run the dishwasher with one place setting.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Between 4 and 5 thousand gallons per month.

4k gallons is $26.52. Me, wife, 2 daughters.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
A cubic foot of water is 748 gals.

I think you need a decimal point in that number.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got my bill here in front of me. My wife and I used 4,000 gallons last month or 133/day. Bill for the water was $40 but by the time you add sewer, trash, insect spraying, etc. the total bill was $97.66.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a well so I don't pay a water bill.
I will have to say that it's just me and the dog here now so if I did have a bill, it'd be ridiculously low. Daughter moved out a few months ago.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Between 10k-15k gallons per month. Irrigation season accounts for the higher end. We are on a shared well, but have installed meters to accurately assign the shares of the electric bill based on usage. We are by far the lightest users of the three households on our well. Typically, our use is 20% of the total, the other two 40% each. The other two have much more landscaping requiring irrigation.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post