SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Safety Bullet - Dumbest safety device yet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safety Bullet - Dumbest safety device yet Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
I have no idea who though this would be a good idea but they should be put in a highly stressful situation and see how quickly this amazing idea backfires on them. IMHO, if you're going to do this, you're better off just trigger or cable locking the damn thing.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
This is an answer to a question that was never asked. An empty chamber is a far better solution than this nonsense.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Hundreds of thousands will sell in California when their next retarded law passes.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15574 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Clicked on the link, looks like the hurricane wiped him out. Devine intervention?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ho Lee Chit! Fooking stupid Batman! Wow, just wow. I can see all kinds of problems with that. That retarded shit will get someone killed, or at least badly hurt. Probably sooner than later.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Hundreds of thousands will sell in California when their next retarded law passes.

Yeah, probably required for firearm storage in addition to the lock and disassembly of the firearm.

Do they sell them in rifle calibers?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe the guy will move to California.

What a histrionic self castrated embarrassment to the male of our species.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
After watching the video on the web site I realized that you can accomplish the same thing with a snap cap, and not disable the firearm.

You can load a snap cap in a revolver assuring the first round presented is not live. You can also put two snap caps in a pistol. This is still a stupid premise in my way of thinking.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
After watching the video on the web site I realized that you can accomplish the same thing with a snap cap, and not disable the firearm.

You can load a snap cap in a revolver assuring the first round presented is not live. You can also put two snap caps in a pistol. This is still a stupid premise in my way of thinking.

I looked at it because I was curious, and I don't think that's quite true.

If you pull the trigger on one of these things, it appears to lock in place in the chamber and disable the firearm.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
IMHO, if you're going to do this, you're better off just trigger or cable locking the damn thing.

At least you can use a trigger or cable lock more than once and don't need a sledge hammer to disable them.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
More important than disabling a firearm is teaching gun safety and making it inaccessible to children. This retarded product appears to cater to making it less likely for children to play with it and injure/kill themselves.

This is another stupid “feel good” idea that will get law abiding owners killed, and only inconvenience the thieves that steal guns. The libtards will LOVE it, if this guy recovers financially. I wish him absolute failure at this.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15574 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Good grief. What a stupid product. A live primer?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Your best safety tip as mentioned in the video is YOUR FINGER.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post