SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    American Guns finale. Rich Wyatt convicted.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Guns finale. Rich Wyatt convicted. Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
So he was gotten on tax charges, not gun-related charges?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Pretty much, yes.

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Discovery should start doing back round checks of its reality stars

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was conspiring with other FFL's to sell guns.

Sounds like a bunch of people are losing their license and possibly have a RICO violation on their hands.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Never heard of him or his phony show.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
quote:
It also really bothered me how he pimped out his daughter for a paycheck.
This right here is what bothered me most.

The show wasn't very good but... you know... it was about guns, and it was something to watch and then later complain about the accuracy or intelligence of the stuff they showed.

The fact that he basically whored-out his daughter as part of the show is the part that disgusted me most.

Perhaps you have to be a self-promoting douche to GET one of these shows in the first place?

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Wasn't a good show. One or two decent smiths doing their work, but under stupid, self imposed (and likely fake) time constraints. Plus dad was a grade a d-bag. His temper tantrum when a paying customer wanted to make her new gun pink. Roll Eyes But hey, let's get another photoshoot of my daughter weaning next to nothing and holding a gun.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch the show, but when we lived in Denver, I went by the shop a few times. I quit going after my FIL, who had the wherewithal to buy four of any given item in that shop, was treated in an unbelievably rude and condescending manner by the staff. I guess they didn't think much of his thick Alabama accent.

I saw one of their marked pistols in the used case in another Denver gunshop and said half-jokingly that I guessed the owner wasn't impressed with the work. The store owner said something to the effect of you don't know the half of it.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It also really bothered me how he pimped out his daughter for a paycheck.

She was also like 17 when the show first aired so it made it even creepier.

I always got a kick out of how he always had to rent a chopper to go check out a guys collection or try and sell someone a gun. I hear all the top gun dealers do it that way. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
They want drama. A truely legitimate business wouldn't likely provide enough to suit them. And if they can get a couple of season's of paying advertisers out of it before it crashes and burns, as far as they're concerned, it was a success.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
Discovery should start doing back round checks of its reality stars

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fact that he basically whored-out his daughter as part of the show is the part that disgusted me most.

The guy who had a gun show on The History Channel did the same thing to his daughter. And she later accused him of having molested her when she was growing up. I think he is also in the slammer. Roll Eyes

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post