SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    who shot a guy trying to beat on a L.E.O. ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

who shot a guy trying to beat on a L.E.O. ? Login/Join 
posted
searched for it here, and on google, don't know where , when or what went on .
heard about it at the barber shop.

civilian saved the police .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It seemed like a good idea...
Picture of lude4life
posted Hide Post
here is one of them..

http://fox8.com/2017/01/16/goo...s-god-put-him-there/

-Jay

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware." -Alan Korwin

Posts: 2810 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There have been a couple in the past few months. One in Arizona and one in Florida.

Here's Florida: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1030080414/p/1

Here's Arizona:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8550093714

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks , I think the guy at the barber shop was talking about the Arizona incident .

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
thanks , I think the guy at the barber shop was talking about the Arizona incident .

Why, was the civilian packing a dry heat?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well now the guy says that they showed a camera phone video of the guy sitting on top of the l.e.o., in the middle of the highway.

he says that the guy dropped his handgun while walking away from the shooting scene.

I wonder if he is mixing up a movie and a news story

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
well now the guy says that they showed a camera phone video of the guy sitting on top of the l.e.o., in the middle of the highway.

he says that the guy dropped his handgun while walking away from the shooting scene.

I wonder if he is mixing up a movie and a news story

They must have been talking about the Florida incident. There are a couple cell phone videos of that from different angles, showing the bad guy on top of the deputy in the middle of the highway when he was shot by the good guy.

There's a link to the videos at the bottom of the second page of our thread here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1030080414/p/2

I don't believe there's any cell phone footage of the Arizona incident. It occurred early in the morning, so it would have been dark anyway.

But the guys at the barber shop could have gotten the two incidents confused. They're fairly similar.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Florida guy did good - should have holstered his handgun after the shooting, IMO.

Although he might not have had a holster, as he approached the scene with his weapon already in his hand (from cellphone video), so he may have just had it in his car / glovebox / etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks rogue,
that must have been the one.

This is going to make a great article for Mas Ayoob

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Another interesting note on that shooting in FL. A dozen cell phone vids/pics, but not one 911 call made from the scene!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post