SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please pray, send energy, positive vibes, etc for my Mom
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please pray, send energy, positive vibes, etc for my Mom Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
I will try not to make this post too long, but I need help from SigForum fo pray or send positive thoughts to my mom.

Around 13 years ago my mom was diagnosed with cll leukemia and was told she would not live more than 10 years. My mom did not want to do chemo as she has seen several people go through it and spend their final years suffering. She did tons of research and fought the cancer naturally with healthy eating and herbs. She surprised doctors as her cancer did not progress and she made it past the 10 year mark. Within the last 8 months she has seriously deteriorated and has lost a ton of weight and become very frail. She Just recently had to get a lot of liquid drained from her lungs.

Now on her latest doctor visit last week she was told she would not live longer than 6 months; especially if she did not do some form of treatment. She was told her body now can’t handle chemo and they want her to take a prescription pill that costs $14K per month before insurance and $4K after. She was able to qualify for a grant that will cover the cost of the medication this year and we will see what it covers next year. Now that she has been told she only has 6 months, she is willing to take the medication. My mom is very positive and strong so I really hope that the medication will help keep her around as long as possible. They say the medication has the exact same side effects as chemo so it will not be fun.

My wife and I have been planning to build a custom home with a mother-in-law suite for my mom. My wife and I are now going to move in with my mom next weekend since she will start the medication this Monday. I need to be there for her. Then we will work on fixing up our home and selling it. We will then live with my mom until the new home is built. Hopefully she can still move into the new home with us and then can sell her home.

I ask for prayers, positive thoughts, positive vibes/energy, or whatever you believe in so my mom has the strength to fight this evil cancer and live as long as possible. I am not a very religious person, but I do believe people can send thoughts to help someone.

I lost my dad 4 years ago which was devastating, and can’t even imagine losing my mom.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for all of you as you fight this battle.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent Stormin Normin.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
We’re so sorry you and your family are going through this...sending prayers your way. Cancer sucks. I lost my mom to breast cancer and my dad to lung cancer. Thoughts and prayers your way!

Posts: 739 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Someone I'm close to has been through chemo. I'm definitely hoping for the best for your mom.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for Mom.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good juju, heading your (and her) way! It doesn't matter how old you are - Losing a parent sucks Frown

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
May God Bless and Comfort your Mother and you and family, and guide the medical team and others helping with treatment.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My best to her.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Praying for you all.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for you and your Mom.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your mom, and for you.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your mom....

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent, Norman. Your mom raised a good man.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Prayers and well wishes sent.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your mom and your family.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent!

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post