SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you tax it, they will come. California's plan to tax space travel by the mile
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you tax it, they will come. California's plan to tax space travel by the mile Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Screw them... launch from Nevada

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:

I can just see Elon Musk's to do list:

1) learn to launch rocket without it blowing up
2) learn to retrieve rocket without it blowing up
3) worry about if the state of California has a tax plan in place for when I start making money...
Yeah he pretty much has 1 and 2 almost down. Hopefully he can go a year without another problem.

Then again if it was so easy, everyone would be doing it and not rebranding Russian motors as their own... Razz

And reusing their rockets...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and landing on rolling and pitching barges in the middle of the ocean....at night...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter where the launches originate. The headquarters is based in California. It's construction facilities are in California. Therefore, SpaceX will still suffer the taxes California drums up to levy against it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

The school that I worked for was a drop in the bucket; we were not the only ones. Many other aviation businesses stopped spending money in Wisconsin.

But those $100 cheeseburgers really add up Smile

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post