SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Toyota Entune users step inside
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toyota Entune users step inside Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I have a 2014 with navigation but not the JBL upgrade. I am pretty sure everything is on the current update.

I am having a couple of issues that I can't seem to get sorted out.
I have a lot of background static with the Entune app running, Bluetooth Audio, and even the CD.
I have not been able to get the static with the USB or AM/FM.

The static is the same volume level on the Bluetooth and Entune app settings. Adjusting the volume with the connected device makes no difference in the static level.

The static is there with both my iPhone and iPad. I do not have an Android device to test.
I have full Bluetooth connection according to the bars on the screen.
I have deleted the connections and re-paired the devices multiple times but still the same.

The Entune app is insanely slow! I get the little spinning wheel for minutes at a time before it will do anything.

When you turn on the vehicle it is never on the same screen. Sometimes it is on the navigation, sometimes the radio screen, sometimes the Entune app.
It is never consistent and only sometimes is it the same screen as what it was on when you shut the vehicle off.

Anyone else dealt with these issues?
It is a certified preowned and still under the bumper to bumper warranty. Just wanted to try to get is sorted out myself before taking it in.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25441 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Have you tried to reset the system? I think you can do that by holding down the power button for several seconds, at least on some models. That seems to fix some problems, anyway. Might be worth a try.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I drive a 2012 Camry - While I don't use the Entune app very often, I've never encountered any static when using that app, Bluetooth and/or CD.

I bought new, am an Android user and I did have to apply one firmware update via a USB stick a long time ago.

Not sure if it would help, but have you tried searching for an update (NOT SURE IF THIS ONE APPLIES TO YOU) to the firmware?

If it's under the bumper to bumper warranty, I'd be tempted to take it in rather than mess with it...

Posts: 1806 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Toyota Entune

They have an online page dedicated to EnTune

https://www.toyota.com/entune/

If you scroll down you find

Call Support

Call 1-800-331-4331
Mon-Fri: 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., CT
Sat: 7:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., CT
Contact Us

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to taking it to the dealership and they replaced the unit under the CPO warranty. Service fella said they are replacing them like crazy.
Good thing it is not a crazy proprietary setup like in the Highlander and when it goes caput out of warranty any after market double din unit will swap in with ease and a harness is available to keep all the steering wheel controls and factory backup camera in. Just pop out the old unit pop in the harness and pop in the new unit and you are rolling for under $1,000 with a better unit.

————————————————

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
life has a 2014 4Runner and we aren't happy with the Entune system. Hers just randomly blacks out and resets. Really frustrating when using the navigation to go somewhere that we haven't been before. We've talked to the service writer about it and he just says, "Huh."

Going to escalate this when we get back from vacation. Seems to be a very common problem with the system. Searching forums there seems to be varying degrees of how it is addressed. Many get replaced and others get the same response we have.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11780 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The service guy asked about the blackout resetting issue when I described the issues I was having.
I have used the navigation a handful of times so I have not experienced the blackout and reset issue.
To be honest I don't even think they tested what I said as when I got back he said they would be swapping the unit but would be about 10 days for it arrive I asked about the extent they checked wiring and ground connections he said we just ordered a new one as we are constantly replacing them as everyone has the same place.
Fortunately for you in the 4Runner you can actually replace the unit with aftermarket stuff fairly easy. Granted the install equipment is about $150 but retains all the factory functions and ports.

I just picked my van up tonight so have not had a chance to fool with it too much. Though before to get a decent volume when hooked to the AUX port the volume level had to be in the high 40s the system max is 60. On the right home I was barely into the 30s with good sound.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Entune pisses me off. We have a 2016 4runner. I have not had any static issues. Just connectivity and system busy issues. We just bought a 2017 Honda. Android Auto is awesome. Way better than the Toyota stuff.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
The Entune stuff is not well liked by any one. My understanding is the software was developed in house and just isn't that good. I would love to be able to have a truly synced phone and be able to use Google maps.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3696 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this will not help us already saddled with the Entire system, but it does appear there is hope on the horizon.
http://www.reuters.com/article...a-tech-idUSKBN18R1CW

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2892 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post