SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marijuana Is Being Smuggled into the US in Ford Fusions The joint investigation (pun intended) says it could be El Chapo.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marijuana Is Being Smuggled into the US in Ford Fusions The joint investigation (pun intended) says it could be El Chapo. Login/Join 
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted
LINK I doubt this was the first time. Makes one wonder how much made it over before finally being noticed.

Excerpt:
quote:
Ford dealers, a rental lot, and one customer in the Midwest were surprised by 40-60 pound bags of marijuana in the trunks of their Ford Fusions and Lincoln MKZs. At least 22 cars manufactured in Ford's Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly plant in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico were carrying about 1,100 lbs of ganja (worth about $1.4 million) into Minnesota.

The drugs were first found in February during a routine inspection at the Dayton’s Bluff vehicle holding lot in St. Paul, MN, while moving them from rail cars to trailers to be taken to dealerships. The giant bags of weed were found hidden in the spare tire well of the trunks.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read a story a few years ago where a man bought a cabinet at home depot,when he opened it it was full of pot from Mexico.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Champion Safe had somebody at their "Mexican Production Facility" (Prison) loading up gun safes with pot and shipping them to the US.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Mexican weed sux. Build the damn wall.

This thread reminded me of a old boss of mine who found a bag of weed on his sidewalk and called the cops. In front of my boss, two other managers as well as at least 20 peons like myself Damien (my coworker) said "next time you find a bag of the skunk on the sidewalk you DONT call the cops you call me!". I'll never forget the awkward silence after he said that. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Been to that plant many times.... Not a big surprise. If you yawn too long they will steal the filings out of your teeth. Most are decent folks, but incredible poverty makes them do crazy things. You take your eyes off your tools for a second and they are gone

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
How does a car plant explain a missing spare tire?

You know what I want to find? Bales of US currency off the Jersey shore. Even a small duffle.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
...with about 217 lbs (worth about $272,000) of the devil's lettuce being discovered.

I never heard of it being called the "devil's lettuce" before.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
How does a car plant explain a missing spare tire?

You know what I want to find? Bales of US currency off the Jersey shore. Even a small duffle.

Most new cars are not shipping with spare tires today. In its place is a can of fix-a-flat. If you want a spare it's typically an upcharge. For my wife's vehicle, they wanted an extra $400.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
That's ok Ted Cruz is gonna take his assets and make the lil prick's money pay for the wall!
So The Mexicans and the Potheads will pay for the wall!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
...with about 217 lbs (worth about $272,000) of the devil's lettuce being discovered.

I never heard of it being called the "devil's lettuce" before.

makes no sense. devil eats souls not lettuce.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
We've been actually importing both...the weed and the dopers..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
How about the Escapes.
Are there any non factory rebates in them like in the Fusions?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nope, it's all about the "green".

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I doubt his empire has gotten so desperate as to waste that much space on weed.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad I bought a Cruz!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

So it is just the Hybrid models?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I doubt his empire has gotten so desperate as to waste that much space on weed.

Nah, we just didn't catch the ones with the coke.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

So it is just the Hybrid models?

Well, you gotta give them something to go with all the marketing hype surrounding EcoBoost, don't'cha?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post