SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cat Tricks with Rufus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cat Tricks with Rufus Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
This is fake, a CGI fabrication from the shameless liars at PETA. Instead of getting a message out, they shit the bed.

PETA wanted a fake cat video to go viral. It didn’t exactly turn out as planned.

A small grey cat, Rufus, sits on a bar stool in a kitchen. “Rufus, jump,” a man says in a stern voice. Rufus looks at the stool next to his, a few feet away, and cowers. The owner sighs, walks over to the cat and instructs again. “Rufus, jump,” he says, and slaps the house cat hard, in the head. The cat doesn’t jump; he slaps the animal again. Finally, the cat does the trick. “Once more for the camera!” the owner demands, before the cat scurries away, terrified.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals were intending to anonymously release this disturbing video on YouTube this week, to draw attention to animal cruelty. But there’s a problem: The video was faked. The cat is CGI. And a PR company working on PETA’s behalf asked a media organization to help them make the video go viral — without revealing that Rufus wasn’t real...

Mad

*EDIT* Sorry, the video has been pulled. The article description will have to do, not seeing this ugly effort is no loss.

PETA can't pull the fact that disturbing minds came up with this in the first place.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ripley,

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
That is a sick video... I don't like it and I'm going to let them know.

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Fuck PETA. I hate those lying assholes. Can't find enough outrage, just manufacture some. Roll Eyes

Why are they even making this video now? They won, they shut down Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® circus, first the elephants, then the entire show.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Shit! That's not even good CGI!

Fucking fools. I hope they paid thru the nose cause they got hosed!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post