SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ...sigh...if you are the praying type.... (2018 Update on page 7)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

...sigh...if you are the praying type.... (2018 Update on page 7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Again, all our prayers for God's grace and mercies as you face these difficult times.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the news Ronin. God bless you and comfort your family. I've been on a somewhat similar trip with my mother who has had several strokes that began last October. We got called in on the last set of strokes. She is in the moderate stage of vascular dementia and next stop is end stage. She can use her right hand a little and still can talk and eat some if fed. It's tough to watch and tougher to see it go on and see her degrade. Wish you the best.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A very difficult place to be for you all.

Continued prayers for you and your family.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for God's wisdom and guidance.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
This is a tough and emotional call to have to make. I am sorry that you are having to go through it now. We have had to make the call twice in our family and I have seen it made by others in a hospital setting. In your dad's case (I am not a neurology doc) and depending on the areas of the brain affected, his brain/body may react to the machines being shut off. Talk to your docs and see if it is a possibility (so you can be ready).

Prayers for you and your family.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and your father.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
May God direct your steps and give you grace as you minister to your mom today. May God give you peace in a time of sadness.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry John. You are a good son.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Sorry Ronin. I went through something similar with my mother late last month. It's not easy. Will continue to pray for you all and if you need an ear, email is in profile.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Good luck Sir, stay strong, for your mom and yourself, yet especially for your dad.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I went through this some years ago, I feel your pain. I know you'll make the right decision.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear of your dad's situation.

It is a tough spot but your heart is in the right place.

Posts: 15026 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Was in your shoes a few years ago and quietly told my by then brain dead father, "It was time to move on" and instructed the medical team to pull the plug. Shittiest and simultaneously most needed thing I've ever done. My thoughts are with you...

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 569 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry that you have to go through this.

Posts: 1742 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
Was in your shoes a few years ago and quietly told my by then brain dead father, "It was time to move on" and instructed the medical team to pull the plug. Shittiest and simultaneously most needed thing I've ever done. My thoughts are with you...

My uncle had to do this for his mother (my grandmother) almost a year ago today. I know it wasn't easy, but I was sure to thank him and let him know that I thought he made the best decision.

You are making the best decision and I know you know that, but it doesn't make it any easier.

My prayers are with you.

-Rob

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear that. Your doing the right thing though. Living and bring alive are two entirely different things. Not that it's any less painful but I doubt anyone would want to live via machines and be trapped in their bodies

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Prayers and sympathies for you .... courage is an admirable characteristic.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. We'll keep you in our prayers. I lost my dad to a stroke a year ago as well.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Stay strong, friend. For yourself, your family, and especially your dad.

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post