SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ...sigh...if you are the praying type.... (2018 Update on page 7)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

...sigh...if you are the praying type.... (2018 Update on page 7) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Dad is in Florida and just had his 3rd stroke.

Bleeding in in/on brain.

He is on a ventilator -

He is there, I am here.

Pain in the ass step-mom is with him. She does love him though, so I give her that.

Prayers of miracle healing for my dad, comfort for my step-mom, and wisdom for the docs would be appreciated.

Crap.

<update>

...sigh...

We're 'here'.

Conference call with step-mom and nurse this morning.

He's not going to breath on his own ever again. We need to decide by Monday whether we 'let him go' or transfer him to a rehab/nursing facility and keep him alive artificially via feeding tube and permanent trachea.

I do not want that for him.

Working on getting myself down there by Saturday or Sunday at latest.

Thank you for all for your prayers and well wishes.

John

<update>

My dad will not recover from the stroke, it is terrible because some on the hospital staff have been trying to convince my stepmom to put him in a "home" because he "could" have some recovery.

Bottom line, my dad is dead. The machines may keep the body alive, but the man I knew and loved...is gone. The pastor came by tonight, Stepmom stepped out of the room to use the washroom and he thanked me for making the trip to Florida. He gave me the impression that he would be there tomorrow to “help me, help her” make the decision. (to shut off the machines) I am going to do everything I can tomorrow to move her in the direction of not only making the decision tomorrow, but making it happen tomorrow. I am so afraid that if I leave, she will lose her resolve -

I will do my best....

Goodbye Poppy...I will see you again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this about your dad. Praying for strength.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
My condolences. The death of parents is one of the hardest life experiences.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31439 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Ronin, your family is so in my prayers.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Prayers on this Palm Sunday for your family.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Here's to a speedy recovery for your dad.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My best to you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
God bless, prayers sent

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and your family.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm praying for all of you.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Prayers and thoughts sent to you and yours.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent your way.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Ronin, Sorry to hear this news. Prayers sent.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
done

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your dads recovery and for you and your family.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All our prayers!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post