SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Upside down cake anyone?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upside down cake anyone? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That looks great. Saved the recipe. Will have to give that a go.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Thank you for bringing back a pleasant memory of my grandmother's kitchen. She would bake me a PUDC for my birthday and on other special occasions.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Just a note to those who are going to use the recipe. The recipe calls for a ungreased pan. I did use a light coating of spray oil in my cast iron pan just as a little insurance to keep the brown sugar and pineapple from not sticking to the bottom when flipped over even though my cast iron is very well seasoned and virtually non stick. It worked perfectly.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome! The latest issue of Cooks Illustrated that I just received has a recipe for rhubarb upside down cake. I can’t wait to try it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, that takes me back.

How much to box up that sucker and mail it to me? Big Grin

Probably wouldn't travel too well, though.

I worked for a guy that would take an extra large suitcase for cakes when we took a trip to Sandia National Labs. There was a place in Albuquerque that specialized in Strawberry cakes.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No sugar in two months, and I get teased with the finest dessert known to mankind!
Bet I could eat half of that for breakfast!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post