SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who are the most gun friendly Senators and Congress type persons
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are the most gun friendly Senators and Congress type persons Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
The title asks the question. Who are the most pro-gun legislation friendly people on Capital Hill. I went to the NRA ILA site, but they don't seem to put out a straight up ranking list. Googled. Same result. I'm obviously missing something.

Anyone have any idea?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
The NRA site has an area where you can look up the grades assigned to national and state candidates/incumbents for specific election cycles. You do need to be signed in using your membership information to view it.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

For the US House of Representatives:
www.FoxNews.com/politics/2016/12/09/members-Congress-To-Reload-Gun-Rights-Caucus.html

According to a statement from the office of Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., the congressman will be chairing the third iteration of the Congressional Second Amendment Caucus. Earlier versions were active from 2004-08 and 2009-13.

The caucus will include: Reps. Jeff Duncan, R-S.C.; Ted Yoho, R-Fla.; Brian Babin, R-Texas; Paul Gosar, R-Ariz.; Mark Meadows, R-N.C.; Ken Buck, R-Colo.; Alex Mooney R-W.Va.; Justin Amash, R-Mich; Jody Hice, R-Ga.; Dave Brat, R-Va.; Warren Davidson, R-Ohio; Scott Perry, R-Pa.; and James Comer, R-Ky.

The group intends to lead efforts in the House to “pass meaningful firearms legislation” and protect against any infringement on the Second Amendment.

The caucus intends to invite firearm experts, constitutional scholars, and pro-gun groups to speak and testify before the group.

Eligibility for membership will depend on a representative’s voting record and his or her commitment to the caucus’s founding principles.

If you want more information on the Second Amendment Caucus, go to the US House search page located here:
http://search.House.Gov/htbin/search

then search on the phrase, "Second Amendment Caucus"

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
^
Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim Jordan and Rob Portman from Ohio are both highly rated...on the other hand, Sherrod Brown gets an F-.

Congressman Jordan is a really good guy too and as conservative as they come.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you think Sherrod Brown is F-, it is because he shares his liberal panties with his old lady. She is a columnist in my local fishwrap and her articles would puke you. She is the embodiment of why the Dems lost big.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16072 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't know about NRA rankings, but my rep (Phil Roe) is very pro-gun, while Sens. Corker and Alexander are in a "squishy" middle.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I don't know about NRA rankings, but my rep (Phil Roe) is very pro-gun, while Sens. Corker and Alexander are in a "squishy" middle.

Well TN elects Republicans but they most certainly dont usually elect conservatives. Just look at our governor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post