SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kroger Clicklist Observations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kroger Clicklist Observations Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
We are pretty boring when it comes to food. So Kroger Clicklist is nice as we pretty much buy the same thing every week.
I have been using it once a week for a little over a month and have come to find that I am presuming it is a way for them to get rid of their less desirable foods. I have only had one thing that was just bad and had to be returned.

The things I have found is that I always get some dented cans, not a big deal but most people don't pick dented cans. Not really a big deal that anyone is likely to waste time returning.

Milk expiration date is always not too far away. Not a big deal again I just always pick the date farthest away.

Deli meat is always cut from the ends. I like my Boars Head meat from the center has more juicy flavor. This I believe can be remedied as you can give special instructions in regard to deli purchases. I asked for the meat to be taken from the center and it was this week. Hopefully that trend continues.

Fruit, the apples they pick while aren't bad just aren't those nice beautiful ones that you would pick.

All in all these are not huge deals and I will continue to use the click list as it saves me a ton of time. It also appears to be saving me a little bit of money as I don't buy any random crap that catches my eye.

One thing I have noticed over the past two weeks but have not confirmed is price manipulation based upon your purchasing. Though it may just be rising prices.

My wife eats these Danon Oikos crunch top yogurts. They have always been $1.29 regular price but more often than not they are on sale for .99. The past 2 weeks they have been $1.69.
That seems like quite the price jump so I may mosey into the store a little later and check the price on the shelf as I forgot to add a package of straws.

Overall I like using the service.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the service where you order online and they bring it to your car? How do they know when your get there, do you send a text or something? We are considering trying it.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
WalMart had grocery pick up now. You can order with your smart phone and they dedicate a pick up area. They even load them in your black Sienna van for you... Big Grin. I see they even installed a huge electric car charger in their lot for those who don't combust.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Screw that. I don't want a package of Eggos some EBT mom left over in the candy isle for 24 hours. I'll get my own

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
This is the service where you order online and they bring it to your car? How do they know when your get there, do you send a text or something? We are considering trying it.

You reserve an hour time slot when you order and they have a call button at the pick up area.

I like it a lot because we pretty much buy the same thing every week.
If one is pretty meal creative and your list is constantly changing your time on the computer finding what you need would be just as time consuming.

————————————————

Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
I've been using the Tom Thumb/Albertsons grocery delivery service for several months now. I'm not in any shape to walk the store, and I've always hated grocery shopping anyway.

It's super convenient, very easy, and for the most part pretty reliable, I typically get what I order and rarely have any complaints. Costs a max of $10 for the delivery, but can be way cheaper depending on how much you spend and how large a delivery window you give them.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
They have to do something to cover the price of the stadium name they just purchased. Probably won't be recouping in advertising revenues from a national championship.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Kroger prices are high and the same items are usually cheaper at WalMart.....$1.18 Cool

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dan...Yogurt-5-oz/49329679

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
They have to do something to cover the price of the stadium name they just purchased. Probably won't be recouping in advertising revenues from a national championship.

I saw that yesterday.

quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Kroger prices are high and the same items are usually cheaper at WalMart.....$1.18 Cool

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dan...Yogurt-5-oz/49329679

Yes but walmart's produce is horrible and their meat is not fit to be eaten by wild dogs.

————————————————