SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can you educate me on "repossessing" a car and getting it across the country?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you educate me on "repossessing" a car and getting it across the country? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I never loan stuff because of reasons like this.

I'd never deal with drama like this unless it was my children - but as a parent, I'm actually parenting, so the odds of something like this are drastically lower.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
In many states, for example I know in Texas, the seller can give notice to the DMV online of the sale. This doesn’t result in the new owner having taken steps to get the title, but does create a trail that the transfer actually occurred and gets the previous owner off the hook. May want to consider this option as well.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Daughter's bratty retort: "Fine, if you want it back badly enough, come get it."

Sounds to me like Daughter gave it back to Sis, though if title reassignment was completed by Sis listing Daughter as owner it's complicated, perhaps even if the title was never submitted to DMV. If Daughter decides to contest ownership, it becomes a legal matter, but doesn't sound much like Daughter is buttoned-up enough for that.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post