SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dentist suggested a bite guard to sleep in, suggestions and/or recommendations.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dentist suggested a bite guard to sleep in, suggestions and/or recommendations. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bruxism splints are best purchased from the dentist. The consequences of poor fit are simply not worth it.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dentist actually recommended I try a mouth piece like used for sports just to see if it helped with some intermittent grinding issues. My guess was try before getting the more expensive option.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I killed two birds with one stone. I bought the "PureSleep" anti-snoring device. It keeps me from grinding my teeth and stops my snoring. Win-Win.

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of weekendshooter
posted Hide Post
Years ago I was having problems with TMJ and the dentist advised me to get one. He cast my teeth the same way as they do for a crown and charged me big bucks. It actually reminded me of the guard that football players wear. I wouldn't spend big bucks again.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Eastern PA now and missing Western PA | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post