SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Being transferred for work to the Ft. Collins/Loveland area.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being transferred for work to the Ft. Collins/Loveland area. Login/Join 
Picture of azpainter
posted
Was wanting to know if anyone here has had any success using a rental agent or firm. Looking to rent a house before we buy.

We are going up there middle of September to scout around the area and see where we like, also would really like to get a lease signed at the same time.

Any suggestions for areas to look into or stay away from plus any companies/people that anyone could recommend would be greatly appreciated!!

Posts: 542 | Location: Tempe AZ | Registered: May 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email sent for realto contact. Good luck.

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in the Denver metro but unfortunately I don't have much to offer for FC/Loveland. It's a nice area though. I used to do a lot of camping up along the Poudre River. I would expect cost of living to be a little less than Denver but not too much. CO in general has seen a huge influx of folks. In my neighborhood 400-500k gets you a starter home. Lots of offers usually but the market seems to be slowing a little. CO has very low unemployment yet pay seems to still lag versus places with similar cost of living. Part of that I think is people will work here for a less because they value other things.

Overall CO is a decent place. It's not quite what I remember 20-25 years ago when I first came here but it's still a good state to call home. Be certain you account for a potentially higher cost of living. Beyond housing, doing things is just more expensive here in general. For example, we vacationed to Siesta Key in FL this summer. Going out in a trendy, touristy area like that was no more expensive than going out locally for me. I was kind of surprised by that.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Fort Collins is a college town, and the rental house/apt situation is a reflection of that. Demand exceeds supply, generally, rental rates are high, rental agreements and property management firms are strict and more of a pain in the nuts than typical places.

So say the handful of friends I have who live there, which I visit fairly often.

Great town and area, though.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Much better than Boulder...!!!

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Awesome place - always top 10 places to live. I was there for quite awhile, cycling through the foothills almost daily.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Visited Fort Collins last summer. Great town. We found a B&B near the Budweiser Brewery. That is a nice area, away from but not too far from FC.

Know how to tell an area is flat? SHORT cell towers. IE like the towers around Fort Collins.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
You'll like it here. While I have no idea on rental market or prices, I've sent a couple of coworkers to zillow.com, and they found something. Lots of new construction happening also, so I'm sure there's inventory.

Loveland will be cheaper than Ft. Collins. If you're not married to Ft. Collins proper, it might be worth looking at some of the smaller towns surrounding Ft. Collins: Windsor, Timnath and even Wellington come to mind. Realty prices seem to be a bit lower than in Ft. Collins.

Posts: 839 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Even Erie, Johnstown/Milliken or Firestone are growing communities.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I work for a developer in Loveland. Rental market is really tight. I have several real estate contacts if you want to email me direct. My email is in my profile. Nice area, has grown like crazy.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Lucky bastard. I lived 18 years in Colorado, mostly I the Ft. Collins\Loveland area. As noted, Timnath, WIndsor or Severanece may be better areas to find housing for less.

Traffic in Ft Collins proper can suck so also look at hosing in relation to where you will work. Highway 287 (College Ave) is the N-S dividing road between East and West. Ideally you may want to live on the same side you work on if commuting time is important.

Enjoy.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of azpainter
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the replies! The wife and I are super excited to get out of the heat and live in some nicer weather.

Not sure where exactly I'll be working up there but it will be in some of those surrounding northern cities. Figured loveland was kinda in the middle of them all so that's where we will start our search.

If we do good enough on our current home(have only been in it a year) we will probably buy come spring, so hopefully I only have to endure the rent prices for a short while.

I'll email back couple people that sent me emails here shortly.

Posts: 542 | Location: Tempe AZ | Registered: May 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
If you don't get good leads let me know. I know an awesome husband/wife realtor team in Aurora and one of them probably has a contact in Ft. Collins/Loveland.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post