SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    has anyone tried one of these sight tools ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

has anyone tried one of these sight tools ? Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
seems almost to good to be true. don't know how they could build it for that price with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handg...c&_trksid=m570.l1313

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
We had a thread in the Pistol section a couple months ago about sight pushers. One member posted that he owns the D.D.Machine Sight-Tool.com pusher and highly recommended it. It appears the machine shop that makes these sells them directly to the public on ebay. Here's there listing. It's posted for $64.99, and they've sold over 1K of them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handg...others-/162774304090

They also have it listed on Amazon for $79.99.

https://www.amazon.com/Univers...others/dp/B016R4DXJW

I'm skeptical about the seller you posted. It says he's sold 33 of them, and yet he has no feedback in the past 12 months. How did he acquire over 40 of them? It's not as if D.D.Machine ships them out in bulk. I wonder if the seller sent one to China to have counterfeits made. Seller also says he does not accept returns, which is a red flag. He cut & pasted D.D.Machine's ebay ad, which is another red flag.

Cavaet emptor; however, it's only $16, and ebay and/or PP will side w/ the buyer if you dispute it.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’d be interested on the feedback from bonafide gunsmiths here on the forum..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My money is on Chinese knock off at that price. They are notorious for mass producing anything that sells for good money on eBay and flooding the market with counterfeits. Flashlights, high end outdoor jackets like Arc’teryx, you name it. No feedback is a big warning sign, along with the price.

Occasionally, knock offs are of decent quality, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have that sight tool. But IIRC, it was ~$50 when I bought mine directly from the manufacturer. Here's the original, which sells for $65 currently: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handg...-others/162774304090

The one linked in the OP is almost certainly a knockoff.

The original works well. As with all universal pushers, it's not as nice as a dedicated weapon-specific pusher, but it still works fine. I got mine for use on my P320s, before there were any P320-specific pushers available.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Mine looks a little different. I bought it in January 2017 from the manufacturer (Duffy at D. D. Machine). I can't remember if it was through Amazon or Ebay. Anyway, on mine, the letters "Sight-Tool.com" are on the left and it reads "Gen 4" on the right. The letters are in black not white. The tool, box and paperwork are exactly like the one in the YouTube video at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSbxbF578XY

In my experience, it works well. It takes a little longer to set up than a sight pusher made for a specific gun but it does the job. I've had several of the cheaper universal sight pushers, and this one is the best I've found for the price. I think I paid about $70.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I just bought one. I’ll let you know what it’s like and if it works when it gets here.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Wheeler last week or I would have jumped on these. They look solid too.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I suspect someone stole an unused ebay ID and is trying to collect some quick money before being discovered.
I sent a message to the legit guy so he can do the leg work.
I sell on ebay too and have seen this on occasion. They shut it down when they discover the problem. I have no idea how it works or the thief gets the money.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I have these $43 shipped

Quite a few members have gotten the from me and I have not has a single complaint or problem...Features :
• Universal Pistol Rear Sight Tool designed for: Removal, Installation, and Adjusting windage of dovetailed rear sights for most Semi-Auto Pistol slides.
• The Universal Pistol Rear Sight Tool works with many types of semi-auto slides: full, compact, sub compact, and pocket sized semi-auto pistols.
• Base platform is adjustable for height, to get your slide and rear sights at the proper height for the rear sight pusher. Includes one bottom spacer for some pocket pistol slides for proper height alignment.
• Multiple Vertical and Horizontal clamps to secure various sizes and types of semi-auto slides in the tool.
• Adjustable top brace with plastic insert to secure the slide’s vertical placement on the base platform.
• Adjustable side braces with plastic inserts to secure the slides horizontal placement on the base platform. Includes two sets of side plastic inserts: a pair of flat inserts and a pair of stepped inserts to fit a wide variety of slide profiles.
• Adjustable side braces with plastic inserts to secure the slides horizontal placement on the base platform. Includes two sets of side plastic inserts: a pair of flat inserts and a pair of stepped inserts to fit a wide variety of slide profiles.
• Rear sight pusher will work with 90 degree and 30 degree rear sight profiles. Rear sight pusher can remove, install, or adjust the rear sights in either direction.
• Side witness windows machined into both sides of tool frame to check for and verify proper tool and rear sight alignment.
• Sight tool frame can be bolted to, clamped onto work surface, or clamped onto a work vice.
• Rear sight pusher tool has an adjustable/removable handle or you can use a 15mm wrench or socket tool.
• Heavy duty Blue Anodized aluminum frame with steel tools
• Sight pusher steel screw has brass bushings for good bearing surface characteristics and excellent strength.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
That Ebay "seller" appears to have feedback only as a buyer & the ad says "no returns."

Red flags, IMO.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I figured it was to good to be true, I was able to cancel my payment as it had not been claimed yet. Thanks for the reply's

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Another red flag I noticed is that as the seller sells more of the pushers (48 since Mon 16 July), his listing always stays at "8 available".

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quite a few members have gotten the from me and I have not has a single complaint or problem...

I have one and my FFL bought one on my recommendation - best thing since sliced bread. Big Grin

PS: downtownv has a 19 oz., 17-1/2" long, wacker that makes a great bush and tree cutter.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about copies or rip-offs; I got mine directly from Sight-Tool. I've used it on various SIGs, 1911s, Walthers, Glocks, etc. My personal feeling, having used several other tools, is that it is the most versatile, highest quality sight tool at its price point.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
We had a thread in the Pistol section a couple months ago about sight pushers. One member posted that he owns the D.D.Machine Sight-Tool.com pusher and highly recommended it.

That might've been me who said that. I can't remember which thread it was but I bought the sight tool listed above and give it 3 thumbs up. I've changed sights on about 7 220's and 1 320 and it works great. I loaned the pusher to another member and he loved it too.

XLT, I can mail you mine and let you use it if you'd like to try it out.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
We had a thread in the Pistol section a couple months ago about sight pushers. One member posted that he owns the D.D.Machine Sight-Tool.com pusher and highly recommended it.

That might've been me who said that. I can't remember which thread it was but I bought the sight tool listed above and give it 3 thumbs up. I've changed sights on about 7 220's and 1 320 and it works great. I loaned the pusher to another member and he loved it too.

XLT, I can mail you mine and let you use it if you'd like to try it out.

remsig
thats is a very generous offer and I appreciate it, but I think I'm going to buy one.
Thanks though !! You're a good man.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
@ downtownv, does the tool you sell remove front sights as well or just the rear?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I just got an Ebay notice that this site and seller is as phoney as Hillary. I cancelled payment, so we’ll see if that worked.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
@ downtownv, does the tool you sell remove front sights as well or just the rear?

Short answer. IF you know what your doing, yes. If your gun can "position" itself in the viv=ce, yes. So 2 big Iffs make some of the members that got one can chime in....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post