SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    concealed carry insurance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

concealed carry insurance Login/Join 
I grew up reading Sigforum
Picture of owenbright
posted
Does anyone have good source of information on concealed carry related insurance?

I was looking at CCWSAFE, and would like to try to find more information and compare with others.
If there's stories of any being used in the past, it'd be helpful, but the nature of it (it'd have to be post shooting) makes it harder to find information.

Posts: 1884 | Location: on the move | Registered: June 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Do you have some liability coverage in your homeowner's policy?

I'd read a dedicated CCW policy very closely. I have never read one, but I am guessing coverage is limited and exclusions are numerous.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
And before anyone spouts off about insurance being used against you in a civil trial, that the defendant is insured is not relevant evidence. That means it is inadmissible. The justification for the rule is that the existence of insurance doesn't have a tendency to prove or disprove what actually happened. Therefore it is irrelevant. Irrelevant evidence is not admissible. Plus, it is prejudicial, as jurors may think that if insurance is paying, they may as well throw the plaintiff some money.

This is a well established rule in any U.S. jurisdiction. You will never be allowed to tell the jury that the defendant had insurance.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post