SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Drowning in debt
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drowning in debt Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Count me in. Clubleaf, if you post your mailing address I will put a check in the mail today.

Shoot him an email asking for his address

Yes.
Why in the world would you want him to post his mailing address? Confused

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Email sent

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
bump

(day two of a nasty cold. but I figured it out when BigSwede said "shoot him an email asking his address). Razz

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
bump

(day two of a nasty cold. but I figured it out when BigSwede said "shoot him an email asking his address). Razz

I almost made a similar post asking for an address. My problem was I was not suffering from a nasty cold.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I just put a money order in the Post Office. It will be coming from downtown Pride,LA
Hope it helps.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Bump, to keep this going.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
Count me in. Clubleaf, if you post your mailing address I will put a check in the mail today.

Shoot him an email asking for his address

Yes.
Why in the world would you want him to post his mailing address? Confused

C'mon now. Let's not dampen this positive vibe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Email sent Club

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
I'm in as well...

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I sent what I could for this month and plan to send more again next month when I get paid.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I came into an unexpected bit of Karma last week courtesy of another member. While I was relishing my good fortune, I saw this thread. I spoke with the other member and we agreed that Club should have the gift. I matched the other member's Karma with my own and the check is on its way to Club this morning.

SigForum is like the 84,000 Musketeers. All for one, and one for all.

Good luck Clubleaf, and may God bless you.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I don't want this to appear that I'm bumping my thread back up, however I simply have to comment. What an emotional morning this was , sorting through the day's mail. It brought tears to my eyes, I just hope that makes you happy. Wink

Seriously, though, what was more important than the contributions were the sentiments included in some of the envelopes Without naming names I would like to share some of their thoughts.

"Many of us have been through dark times, and we are glad to do what we can to help you now. God bless you."

"Charity is the love of Christ. Here's the cash I had in my wallet. I'm glad to help, you live too far away to go shoot with but I hope you'll have the opportunity to hang out with some friends."

"I check the moment of zen every week. Thanks for the effort. Hope you're back on your feet soon."

"We hope this helps, not only with your financial situation but also knowing that you are cared about."

"It can get over bearing. But just remember you have many friends that are keeping you in their prayers. Praying for the best for you."

"May you soon find your feet and be off and running."

"Take care and I hope the best for you."

Many of you have also sent well wishes via emails, it has been very nice conversing with you, even if it is only electronically.

I simply do not have the words to express my feelings, I wish I were a more eloquent man, given time perhaps I'll find a better way to express it.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Has a paypal account been set up yet?

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I don't think you have to worry about bumping the thread. People here, especially Para, have the instinct to recognize being played. People here get that you're not playing.

I'm also glad that you're accepting the help. Sometimes, it kills people to accept even just a little help. Accepting help when it's against your nature can be difficult and even humbling, but it makes you better to help somebody else when it's your turn to do so.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Has a paypal account been set up yet?

I think he prefers paper checks or money orders. If you have billpay, that will work too as Billpay will send him a check. That's what I did.

Email him for his address.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

I think he prefers paper checks or money orders. If you have billpay, that will work too as Billpay will send him a check. That's what I did.

Me too via my bank's billpay. Smile They mandated a phone number though but I think I found the correct one for him via a search. Regardless he'll get a check this way.

Only negative to this mode is that you can't convey remarks. But I'm quite sure Club knows of all our best wishes whether they're expressed directly with funds or not.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
But I'm quite sure Club knows of all our best wishes whether they're expressed directly with funds or not.

I certainly do. This has been an amazing, incredible almost unbelievable experience. I say almost unbelievable because I have seen this forum step up for their fellow members many, many times in the past, I never thought I would be on the receiving end of it, though. Merely saying thank you again and again just doesn't seem to really convey how much I am grateful to all who have been so generous.

I have been attempting to follow up with everyone who have contacted me via email to let them know when their letter has arrived, however there are two people who I can't determine who they are. I won't give full addresses I will merely say that one is from Shepherdsville, KY and the other is from San Luis Obispo, CA. I would like to be able to thank you directly so, if you see this let me know via email.

What I have said to a couple of you in emails I will repeat here.

It isn't a simple matter of donating funds, you have given me "wealth" that cannot be spent.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
clubleaf,

I need some help to get linked up w you.

I sent emails to your email address in your profile, but haven't got a response yet.

Date/time/subj of the emails sent:

6 Mar 940am SIGforum member
8 Mar 533pm SIGforum member
11 Mar 824pm message for clubleaf

pls let me know if you received any of those. If not I will try another email system from my end.

sdy

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
clubleaf,

I need some help to get linked up w you.

I sent emails to your email address in your profile, but haven't got a response yet.

Date/time/subj of the emails sent:

6 Mar 940am SIGforum member
8 Mar 533pm SIGforum member
11 Mar 824pm message for clubleaf

pls let me know if you received any of those. If not I will try another email system from my end.

sdy

I just double checked my emails and I don’t find any of those. At first I had some emails going to my junk folder, however I have been checking there ever since and nothing else has been sent there.