SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Drowning in debt
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drowning in debt Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
There is no "gift tax" it's a reduction in your lifetime estate tax deduction.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Taxes? Bah, don't worry about that nonsense. I deducted the taxes already. Wink

Aeteocles, I still need to get with you. I'll be sending you a PayPal payment hopefully by next week.

That is if you're still accepting payement...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Aeteocles, I still need to get with you. I'll be sending you a PayPal payment hopefully by next week.

Yep, I'll probably keep the collection going for another couple of weeks at least. My paypal email is in my profile.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
13k isn't drowning in debt and can be easily serviced with extra elbow grease.

When we had kids and wife decided to stay home I worked 4 jobs and went to night school for a degree.

Roll up your sleeves and get to work.

Life is hard, embrace and enjoy the struggle... frankly, those years were exhilarating.

I had one fulltime low-pay job 9-5, second was from 5-9, close by the full-time job.
Worked weekends as handy man for a rental property and wrote articles for a computer magazine and another as on-call tech support for the local library consortium.

Every other day night class.

It can be done.

Best of luck.
!-"")

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Just P.P. You. Thanks for being he middle man!

Yep, I'll probably keep the collection going for another couple of weeks at least. My paypal email is in my profile.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Got your email today TBH.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Aeteocles,

Please check email, sir.

Thank you.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Balze, got your email...

ersatzknarf replied to as well.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Bump for a new week leading up to Easter.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

And that only is if the gift is larger than the allowed annual amount. Unlikely here, imo.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

And that only is if the gift is larger than the allowed annual amount. Unlikely here, imo.

I believe that if the giver gives an amount in excess of the annual limit, they must file a gift tax return. At that time they (the giver) can elect to either a) pay the gift tax, or b) have the amount in excess of the annual limit deducted from their lifetime estate tax exemption. It has been a while though, so I may not have that 100%.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
O Lord that lends me life, Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness! William Shakespeare

If I got you a thank you card to match the size of your generosity, it wouldn’t fit in your mailbox. Unknown

By the way, I’m wearing the smile that you gave me. Unknown

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Club,
Sounds like you are in a much happier place and that things are looking up for you. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I'm sending a check today with the gifts from the past week and a half. Last call if you guys want to get in on this check!

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sir.

Should be able to do Bill Pay, tomorrow.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Took the advice of Mr. Monkey and was able to get BillPay to cooperate.

Should arrive next Wednesday Smile

Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Just thought I'd do a gratitude drive-by.

There have been a few who donated anonymously and a couple of people who may wish to check their junk email folders, but for the most part I've been able to follow up with those who have been so charitable. But still, this is for all of you. I have been simply blown away by all this. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: clubleaf206,

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Love your smile behind the sign.

Vote you make it this week's Moment of Zen. Everybody will understand and feel better Cool

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Club,
Love that shirt. I'm partial to Guayabera and Hawaiian shirts during warm weather. They're comfortable and work well for CCW as well as middle age and retirement spread/paunch. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Putting another check in the mail this week if anyone needs to PayPal money to me. Interest is trickling off, so this will likely be the last care package I'm sending out.