SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A cake for my mom's 95th :)... and an old photo from years past
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A cake for my mom's 95th :)... and an old photo from years past Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
My baby sister made this lemon curd with lemon frosting cake for our mother's celebration tomorrow. Sadly I can't be there almost 2,000 miles away.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Your sister is talented. That looks good.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Cake looks awesome, and super cool your mom is celebrating her 95th!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking cake, and a great reason to celebrate. Wish your mom a Happy Birthday from your invisible friends. Very cool, and puts a smile on my face. Smile

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a glorious day,
I'am sure that she feels most fortunate.

Great for you to still have her,
Great for her for such thoughtful kids.

And great for us that you chose to brighten our day by sharing.

Thanks, I needed that

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said, bendable!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome that she gets to enjoy this awesome occasion, sad you can't be there to share it. Hope she gets to share many more!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Looking at that cake brought back memories of the mom and pop bakeries in my old neighborhood from the 60's. God bless your mom on her 95th birthday. I still have mine and she is also 95.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Happy 95th bday to your mom. That cake look yummy. Will go well with cup of coffee.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
95, what a blessing!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to her! Quite a milestone!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Here's her picture from a few years... err decades back. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Happy 95th Birthday wishes to your mom.

The cake looks delicious.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to your MOM and hoping for many more. Do not let the mileage seperation come between both of you. ..................drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Do not let the mileage separation come between both of you.

You're new here so you probably wouldn't have picked up on the fact that my medical condition severely impacts my ability to travel. Otherwise no question I'd be back to celebrate with her and my family.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful cake and a beautiful lady! Happy birthday to her.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Do not let the mileage separation come between both of you.

You're new here so you probably wouldn't have picked up on the fact that my medical condition severely impacts my ability to travel. Otherwise no question I'd be back to celebrate with her and my family.
Sir I appologize for my orginal post but I was/am aware of your travel limitations. Was just saying that do not let that stop you for staying in touch with mom/family. Hopefully they were there for you over the years and now your turn to return the same. ..............drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
95 years, wow...congrats to her. Pretty lady.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Happy Birthday to your mother!

Cake looks great.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post