SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where to send a seiko watch for service/repair?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to send a seiko watch for service/repair? Login/Join 
posted
All of my watch boxes are packed. Where does one send seiko models for aervice or repair?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for the best, send it to Klein Watch repair. You can contact him at kleinvintagewatchrepair ATgmail.com. He's not inexpensive, nor does he work quickly. Last I spoke to him wait list was eleven months. But, he comes highly recommended.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
You need to contact Dave Truong. He's our resident jeweler and watch expert.

Here is his contact address: http://www.mimisjewelryinc.com/

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where to send a seiko watch for service/repair

https://www.seikoserviceusa.com/

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Seiko has their own repair facility in the US. Website should have details. They do excellent work for a reasonable price.

https://www.seikoserviceusa.com/

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a suggestion for a Movado watch?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Anyone have a suggestion for a Movado watch?

When I was having trouble with my Movado watch, I sent it to one of the factory service centers here in the USA(closest to my state). The turn around was acceptable, as was the bill.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Send it directly to Seiko, your watch will come back looking and working as new

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Dave can do it.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Seiko doesn't service quartz movements, they just replace it(the entire movement).
Autos they do service.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, i will get in touch with dave.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
If you're looking for the best, send it to Klein Watch repair. You can contact him at kleinvintagewatchrepair ATgmail.com. He's not inexpensive, nor does he work quickly. Last I spoke to him wait list was eleven months. But, he comes highly recommended.

I recommend him also. He did a restoration on a Seiko divers watch for me. But he does business by email. He does not take phone calls.

Also IWW, Jack Alexyon, in Greensboro ,NC also does Seiko work. Both of these watchsmiths, mostly do restorations, but just also repsir work.

Contacting either of them via email with what yiu need is the best route.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you first need to ask how much you paid for the watch and how much would a replacement cost. It doesn't make much sense to pay to have a $100 watch repaired.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wang's Watch Repair
(502) 425-5588
9310 New La Grange Rd, Louisville, KY

Took him three Seiko's a dead Diver's, a new chronograph (needed band adjustment), and a old chronograph (needed battery). The last two he did immediately, the Diver was done in two days. He asked $90 --- He impressed me so much I wrote him a check for $150.

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I have an older Seiko and these folks got it going again but only if our own Dave Truong cannot help as already recommended.

Visit our website at www.INTERNATIONALWATCHWORKS.com

Do not send manufacturer boxes or any packing material that is not disposable.
Do include a work order or copy of our email correspondence outlining the work to be performed.
Do include your email address, phone number and shipping information.
Please ship your items with delivery confirmation. This will allow you to track receipt of your package on-line
International shippers using Fedex/UPS/DHL: you are responsible for customs duties. Please mark your waybill "bill duties to sender".

IWW's Shipping Info:
Jack Alexyon
c/o IWW
PO Box 5844, Cary, NC 27512 U.S.A.
101 Orilla Ct, Cary, NC 27513 U.S.A. (Please use this address for FedEx/UPS/DHL

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I've got a Diver 150 that I bought in 1978 at the Dutch PX in Rheindahlen, and one of those funny black divers with the wrap-round shield thing in the Seko dealer in Lisburn, Co. Antrim.

Neither have ever been near a service engineer - ever.

Do you think it's time they went?

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post