Find
Notify
Tools

New Tacoma Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Haven't had a new truck since '02, just company vehicles.
New job came with a vehicle allowance, so I broke down and bought a new Tacoma
I'll be driving enough that I'd like that new car reliability, and was without a truck for the first time in my adult life. So, pretty easy decision.

2017 TRD Off-road
V6 with 6speed manual
Loving it so far!

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Handsome ride. Congrats!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Right on! Good choice on the manual. I'm definitely a Toyota truck guy.

Now go put 300k on the ODO.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Very nice

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Taco!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice "Work Truck".

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Nice! I still love my '16, too.

It's not that clean now. Razz

I'm about to install a mod that lets me use the backup cam on demand AND get around the nav control lockout when moving.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice trucks!!

My current position comes with a car allowance also- which I have been pocketing as I have a paid off vehicle.

But I am tempted...

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Nice truck.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a 1st and currently own a 2nd Gen Taco. They are the most reliable truck on the market--you made a wise choice. The auto tranny is problematic, so the manual was a good option also. Enjoy!

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Nice truck

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Congrats man! Great looking truck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Sharp lookin' Tacoma!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

18,000 trouble free miles so far on my 17 Tacoma TRD Pro M/T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!
I love mine. Just clicked 4500 on my 17 off-road manual. Inferno orange.
mob town off-road steel tail gate cap and skin. Also mob town steel bed doors that lock. Husky liners fit better than weathertech on the manual trans Tacoma. I have bolt on sliders on order. Debating the pro wheels or older FJ trail team wheels in black.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Taco. I drive a 2016 TRD Sport in double cab inferno. Love it.

Posts: 1510 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
excellent choice

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a "new" Tacoma myself. Well, new to me. It's a '96 4x4 that came my way unexpectedly. Bought it as a toy to replace my long-lost '85 4x4 that I drove for 18 years and found myself missing. Gotta love Toyota trucks. Good luck on yours; odds are in your favor!

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nice ride - biased a bit because I love mine

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Like the M/T, but it needs rims & some All Terrain T/As to be perfect. I have considered one myself, but am held back by the fuel economy and lack of a dark blue exterior since '15.
Enjoy and good luck trying to wear it out.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post